Thomson rolls out national campaign for Dreamliner launch
Thomson, the TUI Travel-owned tour operator, is rolling out a national marketing campaign to back the debut of its Boeing Dreamliner plane.
The national and regional press campaign launches this week and will run in this weekend’s papers. It reads, "Be the first to fly on the plane everyone's talking about – only with Thomson".
Thomson Airways, the carrier for Thomson and First Choice, is the first in the country to operate the new Boeing 787 Dreamliners.
Thomson has overhauled the livery of its entire aircraft as part of the introduction of the Dreamliners.
The aircraft, which boasts a 291 passenger capacity, claims a cutting-edge in-flight entertainment system. Thomson Airways' managing director Chris Brown said the planes use 20% less fuel than current carriers and will reduce noise by up to 60%.
The Dreamliner made its first stop in the UK as part of Thomson Airways this week, but the 13 aircraft currently on order for the airline will be delivered in the next three years, with the first plane becoming operational on 1 May 2013.
Jeremy Ellis, director of marketing, TUI UK & Ireland, said: "Flying the Thomson Dreamliner is just one of the ways we are modernising the holiday experience here at Thomson and First Choice.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior customer & Market Intelligence Manager Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Product Manager Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Java Developer Project Manager @ Global Beverage Giant Digital Gurus £40000 - £55000 Per Annum Benefits + Bonus, Surrey
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show