Channel 4 to air bespoke Twitter response ad
Channel 4 is set to run a tailored TV spot that uses viewers' tweets in a live broadcast ad for the first time, for Ridley Scott's new film 'Prometheus'.
Channel 4 is airing the world premiere of the trailer of Ridley Scott's 'Prometheus' in the first break of 'Homeland' on Sunday (29 April) as part of activity devised by Vizeum.
It will be followed by showing fans Twitter responses in a bespoke ad in the next break.
The film marks a return to the sci-fi genre for the director of 'Alien' and 'Blade Runner'.
The trailer will be broadcast at around 9.10pm. Viewers will be asked to share their thoughts about the film on Twitter using the hashtag #areyouseeingthis.
A selection of tweets will be broadcast during a special 40-second spot in the next ad break.
A spokeswoman for Channel 4 said the second ad break will mark the first time viewers tweets have been shown in a live broadcast ad.
The trailer was made by 20th Century Fox's creative department. A wider marketing campaign, including TV, will kick off closer to the film’s release on 1 June 2012.
Eray Galip, creative solutions manager, Vizeum said: "'Prometheus' is the most anticipated film of the summer. This activity fits perfectly with our strategy in terms of amplifying the anticipation and conversation that has already started."
The drama series 'Homeland' stars Claire Danes as a CIA agent and Damian Lewis as a US Marine. It attracted an average audience of 2.30 million last Sunday, according to unofficial overnights.
Angus Mitchell, agency principle, Channel 4, said: "As part of our strategy to champion innovative and impactful marketing solutions, we are delighted to be partnering with 20th Century Fox.
"We think the fit between the film, director and Channel 4 is just perfect."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Partnerships Manager air recruitment c.£48K dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director / Business Director (Integrated) air recruitment Up to £70k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Director air recruitment Up to £100k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)