Prostate Cancer Charity seeks agency for ad account
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 April 2012 11:00AM
The Prostate Cancer Charity, which encourages men to grow moustaches in November, is looking for an advertising agency to handle its account.
It has engaged AAR to oversee the pitch and agencies have been asked to submit their credentials.
The review follows Prostate Cancer Awareness Month in March, when celebrities such as Ricky Gervais and Diana Louise Jordan voiced their support for the charity's goals.
The last major above-the-line campaign by The Prostate Cancer Charity was in 2009 when it hired Exposure to create integrated activity to support the charity's partnership with the Tour of Britain, a free summer cycling event.
More recently, the charity has aligned itself to rugby. At the launch of the rugby season, players from Saracens, London Wasps, London Irish and Harlequins all wore branded mouthguards that carried its "blue man" logo at the London Double Header at Twickenham.
It is also a partner of the annual RugbyRocks rugby and music festival, although its biggest fundraiser has been the "Movember" moustache-growing contest.
Prostate cancer is the most common form of cancer in men and is estimated to kill 10,000 men a year. As well as funding research into treatment, The Prostate Cancer Charity supports men and their families who are affected by the disease.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + car/ car allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Biddable Account Manager - Award Winning Agency Ultimate Asset Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Media Account Executive - Ã‚£25K Ultimate Asset Ã‚£3000 - Ã‚£25000 per annum, City of London
- UX Sitecore Specialist Required | 1 Month Contract | Urgent Sta Salt Ã‚£300 - Ã‚£400 per day, Telford
- Senior Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c£competitive package, Surrey