Prostate Cancer Charity seeks agency for ad account
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 April 2012 11:00AM
The Prostate Cancer Charity, which encourages men to grow moustaches in November, is looking for an advertising agency to handle its account.
It has engaged AAR to oversee the pitch and agencies have been asked to submit their credentials.
The review follows Prostate Cancer Awareness Month in March, when celebrities such as Ricky Gervais and Diana Louise Jordan voiced their support for the charity's goals.
The last major above-the-line campaign by The Prostate Cancer Charity was in 2009 when it hired Exposure to create integrated activity to support the charity's partnership with the Tour of Britain, a free summer cycling event.
More recently, the charity has aligned itself to rugby. At the launch of the rugby season, players from Saracens, London Wasps, London Irish and Harlequins all wore branded mouthguards that carried its "blue man" logo at the London Double Header at Twickenham.
It is also a partner of the annual RugbyRocks rugby and music festival, although its biggest fundraiser has been the "Movember" moustache-growing contest.
Prostate cancer is the most common form of cancer in men and is estimated to kill 10,000 men a year. As well as funding research into treatment, The Prostate Cancer Charity supports men and their families who are affected by the disease.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Category Insight Manager - FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 - £38000 per annum + £5k Car Allowance + Benefits, Bracknell
- Senior Designer Contract Zebra People £350 per day, City of London
- Head of Social Media - leading advertising agency The Great & The Good £50,000 to £60,000 per annum plus benefits, Beautiful offices in central London
- Global Digital Brand Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + other benefits , Slough
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart