Agencies line up for Jagermeister brief
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 April 2012 11:00AM
Jagermeister, the German herbal liqueur popular as a mixer or a shot, is looking for an ad agency to promote the brand in the UK.
It has approached agencies directly and is due to hold initial chemistry meetings next week.
The brand has recently positioned itself with live music, particularly in the heavy metal genre. As well as the Jagermeister tour of UK cities, it has a presence at festivals including Damnation in Leeds, Bloodstock in Derby and Slam Dunk in Hertfordshire.
This mirrors a global strategy. In the US, the brand has associated itself with heavy metal bands and tours and, in Australia, it sponsors the independent music AIR Charts.
Four years ago, Jagermeister appointed Syzygy and its sister agency Hi-Res to work on global digital activity.
Jagermeister was originally developed as a digestif and a cough remedy. Translated, it literally means "hunt-master" and the brand's logo features a reindeer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Business Director Stopgap £75000 - £85000 per annum, North London
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Passenger Communications Officer Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Marketing Account Executives Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Competitive with great bens, Stockport
- Marketing Executive Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £28,000- £31,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy