Agencies line up for Jagermeister brief
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 April 2012 11:00AM
Jagermeister, the German herbal liqueur popular as a mixer or a shot, is looking for an ad agency to promote the brand in the UK.
It has approached agencies directly and is due to hold initial chemistry meetings next week.
The brand has recently positioned itself with live music, particularly in the heavy metal genre. As well as the Jagermeister tour of UK cities, it has a presence at festivals including Damnation in Leeds, Bloodstock in Derby and Slam Dunk in Hertfordshire.
This mirrors a global strategy. In the US, the brand has associated itself with heavy metal bands and tours and, in Australia, it sponsors the independent music AIR Charts.
Four years ago, Jagermeister appointed Syzygy and its sister agency Hi-Res to work on global digital activity.
Jagermeister was originally developed as a digestif and a cough remedy. Translated, it literally means "hunt-master" and the brand's logo features a reindeer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- High Value Donor Manager National Trust Circa £33,467 pa, Heelis, Swindon
- Marketing Executive - Media, Surrey, £28k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £28000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, Surrey
- Sales Executive Â– Events, London £25k + bonus Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20,000 - £25,000, Greater London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure