Agencies line up for Jagermeister brief
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 April 2012 11:00AM
Jagermeister, the German herbal liqueur popular as a mixer or a shot, is looking for an ad agency to promote the brand in the UK.
It has approached agencies directly and is due to hold initial chemistry meetings next week.
The brand has recently positioned itself with live music, particularly in the heavy metal genre. As well as the Jagermeister tour of UK cities, it has a presence at festivals including Damnation in Leeds, Bloodstock in Derby and Slam Dunk in Hertfordshire.
This mirrors a global strategy. In the US, the brand has associated itself with heavy metal bands and tours and, in Australia, it sponsors the independent music AIR Charts.
Four years ago, Jagermeister appointed Syzygy and its sister agency Hi-Res to work on global digital activity.
Jagermeister was originally developed as a digestif and a cough remedy. Translated, it literally means "hunt-master" and the brand's logo features a reindeer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid-Senior Level User Interface and User Experience Designer Salt £30000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
- Communications Executive EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £200 per day, City of London
- Brochure Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28-30k pro rata, London
- Junior Creative Team become £20k-£30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Analytics Manager - Media Agency - Data and Insights Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'