Ogilvy & Mather captures TK Maxx digital advertising
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 April 2012 10:35AM
TK Maxx has appointed Ogilvy & Mather to its digital advertising account.
The agency won the business after a competitive pitch process and will be responsible for handling all TK Maxx's digital activity, encompassing online, social media and mobile work.
O&M has been tasked with creating digital advertising to amplify the brand's TV activity, which is expected to launch before the summer.
In the past, Golley Slater has worked on the retailer's advertising business, but it is now handled in-house.
TK Maxx has invested in a number of digital campaigns over the past couple of years, including social media activity to support its sponsorship of the Alexa Chung-fronted Channel 4 fashion show Frock Me.
The retailer also began engaging with mums online for the first time to promote its range of nursery products.
Mindshare handles TK Maxx's onand offline planning and buying account. The agency won the online business in 2009 from the incumbent, Arena Media.
TK Maxx's most recent ad campaign launched at Christmas and promoted its goods in-store and online, featuring the strapline: "Big Christmas, small prices."
Last year, TK Maxx made one of its "real-life" shoppers, Lauren, the star of its advertising campaign to introduce its "big labels, small prices" proposition.
O&M declined to comment on the appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- SINGAPORE - ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - TECH CLIENTS - TOP MEDIA AGENCY! Ultimate Asset £55000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + benefits, Singapore
- McDonald's 10 best UK ads
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- Campaign Viral Chart: Busta Rhymes features in Toyota rap ad
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Magazine ABCs: a media agency viewpoint
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders