AMV, Euro RSCG and W&K land D&AD Pencils
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 April 2012 10:45AM
The UK agencies Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Euro RSCG London and Wieden & Kennedy London each scooped two yellow Pencils in the 2012 D&AD Awards.
UK agencies had a strong year, picking up 21 of the 66 yellow Pencils awarded.
For the first time, D&AD, celebrating its 50th anniversary, awarded yellow Pencils immediately after judging. Its prestigious black Pencils and a special white Pencil will be presented at its awards ceremony in September.
AMV landed pencils for its "living masterpiece" work for GE in the Brand Experience and Environments category, and for its "Dip Desperado" film for Doritos in Direction for Film Advertising.
Euro RSCG was awarded two Pencils for its "pageant" spot for Alberto Culver VO5 in the Direction for Film Advertising and Use of Music for Film Advertising categories.
W&K won two Pencils for its "bespoke album creation experience" for the band Kaiser Chiefs in the Integrated and Digital Solutions and Use of Social Media categories.
UK agencies landing a single Pencil included AKQA (Heineken), Bartle Bogle Hegarty (Barnardo's), CHI & Partners (TalkTalk), Iris (Heineken), Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R (BBC) and TBWA\London (John Smith's).
BETC Euro RSCG's "the bear" for Canal+ was the most-awarded work, capturing four Pencils. JWT Shanghai landed three Pencils for its Samsonite activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Head of Digital MCG Associates Very Attractive Tax Free Package, Dubai - UAE
- Marketing Manager - Youth Brand Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Consumer & Shopper Insight Controller FMCG - URGENT NEED Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £60K-£65K + Car Allowance + Bonus, North of London/Herts
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool