AMV, Euro RSCG and W&K land D&AD Pencils
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 April 2012 10:45AM
The UK agencies Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Euro RSCG London and Wieden & Kennedy London each scooped two yellow Pencils in the 2012 D&AD Awards.
UK agencies had a strong year, picking up 21 of the 66 yellow Pencils awarded.
For the first time, D&AD, celebrating its 50th anniversary, awarded yellow Pencils immediately after judging. Its prestigious black Pencils and a special white Pencil will be presented at its awards ceremony in September.
AMV landed pencils for its "living masterpiece" work for GE in the Brand Experience and Environments category, and for its "Dip Desperado" film for Doritos in Direction for Film Advertising.
Euro RSCG was awarded two Pencils for its "pageant" spot for Alberto Culver VO5 in the Direction for Film Advertising and Use of Music for Film Advertising categories.
W&K won two Pencils for its "bespoke album creation experience" for the band Kaiser Chiefs in the Integrated and Digital Solutions and Use of Social Media categories.
UK agencies landing a single Pencil included AKQA (Heineken), Bartle Bogle Hegarty (Barnardo's), CHI & Partners (TalkTalk), Iris (Heineken), Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R (BBC) and TBWA\London (John Smith's).
BETC Euro RSCG's "the bear" for Canal+ was the most-awarded work, capturing four Pencils. JWT Shanghai landed three Pencils for its Samsonite activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Co-ordinator AF Selection Up to £25,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager Source £150 - £180 per day, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned