LinkedIn steps up mobile strategy with iPad launch
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 26 April 2012 11:28AM
LinkedIn, the professional networking service, is ramping up its mobile strategy by making its first foray into tablets with an extensive iPad app, and adding new features to its smartphone apps.
Mobile is the fastest-growing service at LinkedIn and, according to the company, it receives 22% of traffic from mobile devices.
The new iPad app, which is available to download for free from today (26 April), has been designed with a view to being a reading tool, for its industry news content.
It has a calendar feature that enables users to get information on who they are meeting on a particular day.
It also has a networking feature, enabling users to connect with members and build their professional profile.
Ariel Eckstein, managing director, LinkedIn EMEA, said: "It's important to be where our members are and increasingly, busy professionals are on the go and using LinkedIn while out and about."
In addition to the iPad app, LinkedIn is expanding its existing iPhone and Android apps to be made available in 13 more languages.
LinkedIn was founded in 2003 and now claims to have more than 150 million members worldwide.
It makes its revenues from advertising, job listings and subscriptions.
In the UK, LinkedIn is working towards attracting greater marketing spend to the service by promoting the opportunities its offers brands through its company pages.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Art Worker - Multinational Branding Agency - Dubai HR Source Very Attractive Salary + Benefits., Dubai,
- Design Director _ Multinational Branding Agency - Dubai HR Source Very Attractive TAX FREE salary, Bonus and Benefits., Dubai, UAE, United Arab Emirates
- SEO Manager Norton Leigh + Benefits, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £60000 per annum + car + excellent bonus, West London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions