Stuff Magazine goes interactive with Blippar
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 27 April 2012 08:44AM
Haymarket Media Group's Stuff magazine has become the latest title to create an interactive print edition by using image recognition platform Blippar.
The May issue, which is on sale now, contains opportunities throughout its pages to bring its content to life with the free Blippar app, including exclusive video content, galleries and competitions.
In addition, the issue also carries "blippable" ads and advertorial for the likes of LG 3D TVs and Taylor Made Golf clubs.
The monthly magazine, which focuses on the latest gadgets and consumer technology, has a circulation of more than 80,000.
Previous titles to partner with Blippar for interactive issues include IPC Media's Nuts and Future's Total Film.
In February, Blippar launched Blipp to Buy, its service for media owners to monetise purchases made through the app of products featured in their editorial or advertising.
Stephen Shaw, opportunities director for Blippar, said: "Publishers are increasingly appreciating the potential for our platform to make their magazines more exciting, engaging and interactive for readers.
"We can even enable readers to buy the products they're reading about with a couple of touches on their smart-devices, but, critically, all interactions and click-throughs are underpinned by Blippar's bespoke analytics.
"This is a hugely powerful platform for publishers and very appealing to readers who are naturally interested in cutting-edge technology like ours."
The recent Fipp report highlighted the various innovations such as Blippar, which are becoming increasingly popular with publishers seeking to make print mags more appealing to readers.
Haymarket Media Group is the owner of Media Week and Brand Republic.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Client Sales Executive - Untapped, unlimited potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- Head of Digital MCG Associates Very Attractive Tax Free Package, Dubai - UAE
- Marketing Manager - Youth Brand Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Consumer & Shopper Insight Controller FMCG - URGENT NEED Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £60K-£65K + Car Allowance + Bonus, North of London/Herts
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool