Stuff Magazine goes interactive with Blippar
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 27 April 2012 08:44AM
Haymarket Media Group's Stuff magazine has become the latest title to create an interactive print edition by using image recognition platform Blippar.
The May issue, which is on sale now, contains opportunities throughout its pages to bring its content to life with the free Blippar app, including exclusive video content, galleries and competitions.
In addition, the issue also carries "blippable" ads and advertorial for the likes of LG 3D TVs and Taylor Made Golf clubs.
The monthly magazine, which focuses on the latest gadgets and consumer technology, has a circulation of more than 80,000.
Previous titles to partner with Blippar for interactive issues include IPC Media's Nuts and Future's Total Film.
In February, Blippar launched Blipp to Buy, its service for media owners to monetise purchases made through the app of products featured in their editorial or advertising.
Stephen Shaw, opportunities director for Blippar, said: "Publishers are increasingly appreciating the potential for our platform to make their magazines more exciting, engaging and interactive for readers.
"We can even enable readers to buy the products they're reading about with a couple of touches on their smart-devices, but, critically, all interactions and click-throughs are underpinned by Blippar's bespoke analytics.
"This is a hugely powerful platform for publishers and very appealing to readers who are naturally interested in cutting-edge technology like ours."
The recent Fipp report highlighted the various innovations such as Blippar, which are becoming increasingly popular with publishers seeking to make print mags more appealing to readers.
Haymarket Media Group is the owner of Media Week and Brand Republic.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Partner Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, Brentford, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire