Boris bids for Tech City to join London & Partners
Mayor of London Boris Johnson is lobbying the Government to have Tech City Investment Organisation and its budget pulled into the capital's promotional body, London & Partners.
Under his proposition, the Tech City Investment Organisation would move its operations across from the government department for UK Trade & Investment to London & Partners’ umbrella operation. It is unclear what size of budget would be shifted into London & Partners.
The mayor, writing for Brand Republic yesterday (25 April), said: "I will lobby the Government for the Tech City Investment Organisation and the associated budget to be folded into London & Partners as the official promotional organisation for London, to deliver these ambitions under a single banner and direction."
London & Partners is the promotional agency for the capital, created by combining the remits of promotional agencies VisitLondon, ThinkLondon and StudyLondon into one body last year.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London