Boris bids for Tech City to join London & Partners
Mayor of London Boris Johnson is lobbying the Government to have Tech City Investment Organisation and its budget pulled into the capital's promotional body, London & Partners.
Under his proposition, the Tech City Investment Organisation would move its operations across from the government department for UK Trade & Investment to London & Partners’ umbrella operation. It is unclear what size of budget would be shifted into London & Partners.
The mayor, writing for Brand Republic yesterday (25 April), said: "I will lobby the Government for the Tech City Investment Organisation and the associated budget to be folded into London & Partners as the official promotional organisation for London, to deliver these ambitions under a single banner and direction."
London & Partners is the promotional agency for the capital, created by combining the remits of promotional agencies VisitLondon, ThinkLondon and StudyLondon into one body last year.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager RSPB £22,000 to £26,000 per annum, Based at RSPB UK Headquarters, Sandy
- Senior Account Director - Integrated David Thatcher Recruitment to £70k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - Boutique Digital Agency Fill Recruitment to £35k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Manager Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, South East England
- Senior Marketing Officer Stopgap £34600 - £40834 per annum, London
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Adam & Eve/DDB grabs £100,000 prize from Posterscope