Boris bids for Tech City to join London & Partners
Mayor of London Boris Johnson is lobbying the Government to have Tech City Investment Organisation and its budget pulled into the capital's promotional body, London & Partners.
Under his proposition, the Tech City Investment Organisation would move its operations across from the government department for UK Trade & Investment to London & Partners’ umbrella operation. It is unclear what size of budget would be shifted into London & Partners.
The mayor, writing for Brand Republic yesterday (25 April), said: "I will lobby the Government for the Tech City Investment Organisation and the associated budget to be folded into London & Partners as the official promotional organisation for London, to deliver these ambitions under a single banner and direction."
London & Partners is the promotional agency for the capital, created by combining the remits of promotional agencies VisitLondon, ThinkLondon and StudyLondon into one body last year.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Search / Biddable Exec - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum up to £30,000 + benefits, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum , South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad