Boris bids for Tech City to join London & Partners
Mayor of London Boris Johnson is lobbying the Government to have Tech City Investment Organisation and its budget pulled into the capital's promotional body, London & Partners.
Under his proposition, the Tech City Investment Organisation would move its operations across from the government department for UK Trade & Investment to London & Partners’ umbrella operation. It is unclear what size of budget would be shifted into London & Partners.
The mayor, writing for Brand Republic yesterday (25 April), said: "I will lobby the Government for the Tech City Investment Organisation and the associated budget to be folded into London & Partners as the official promotional organisation for London, to deliver these ambitions under a single banner and direction."
London & Partners is the promotional agency for the capital, created by combining the remits of promotional agencies VisitLondon, ThinkLondon and StudyLondon into one body last year.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Design Director createselect Up to £65k, London (Greater)
- Quant Researcher-Immediate Start-Saudi Arabia-c50k Tax Free Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £50000 per annum + Tax free and travel, Saudi Arabia
- Senior Brand Manager Salt £160 - £190 per day, Reading
- Senior Project Manager Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, london
- Lead .NET (Sitecore) Developer Digital Gurus £50000 - £60000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits Available, Central London
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media