Boris bids for Tech City to join London & Partners
Mayor of London Boris Johnson is lobbying the Government to have Tech City Investment Organisation and its budget pulled into the capital's promotional body, London & Partners.
Under his proposition, the Tech City Investment Organisation would move its operations across from the government department for UK Trade & Investment to London & Partners’ umbrella operation. It is unclear what size of budget would be shifted into London & Partners.
The mayor, writing for Brand Republic yesterday (25 April), said: "I will lobby the Government for the Tech City Investment Organisation and the associated budget to be folded into London & Partners as the official promotional organisation for London, to deliver these ambitions under a single banner and direction."
London & Partners is the promotional agency for the capital, created by combining the remits of promotional agencies VisitLondon, ThinkLondon and StudyLondon into one body last year.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Group Account Director - digital - financial brand - LONDON - £75k + bens Barker Graves Up to £75k + bens, Central London
- Account Manager - various accounts - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- SAE/Junior Account Manager Barker Graves £25-£26k, London
- Account Manager - Entertainment - South Bank - £30k + bens Barker Graves £30k + bens, Central London
- Digital Account Manager - website updates - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web