Boris bids for Tech City to join London & Partners
Mayor of London Boris Johnson is lobbying the Government to have Tech City Investment Organisation and its budget pulled into the capital's promotional body, London & Partners.
Under his proposition, the Tech City Investment Organisation would move its operations across from the government department for UK Trade & Investment to London & Partners’ umbrella operation. It is unclear what size of budget would be shifted into London & Partners.
The mayor, writing for Brand Republic yesterday (25 April), said: "I will lobby the Government for the Tech City Investment Organisation and the associated budget to be folded into London & Partners as the official promotional organisation for London, to deliver these ambitions under a single banner and direction."
London & Partners is the promotional agency for the capital, created by combining the remits of promotional agencies VisitLondon, ThinkLondon and StudyLondon into one body last year.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Innovations and Insights Director Hasson Associates £60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus, London
- Data Planner - Leading CRM Agency - Temp to Perm (Immediate Start) - to £250 per day Fill Recruitment £180 to £250 per day + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager FMCG Connect £28,000 - £31,000 plus benefits, West Yorkshire
- Strategist - Brand Consultancy Ann Sharman Recruitment £35,000 - £45,000 + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager - West Sussex - up to £50K Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, West Malling
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list
- Asda brings back 'pocket tap' and adopts Walmart strap line in TV ad