Royal Caribbean appoints OMD for search and social
RCL Cruises, the owner of Royal Caribbean brand, has appointed Omnicom's OMD UK to handle its social media and search engine optimisation (SEO) business, following a competitive pitch.
OMD will work on tailored social media and SEO campaigns to promote RCL Cruise's three cruise lines – Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises and Royal Caribbean.
OMD was appointed after a pitch against a number of undisclosed specialist digital agencies at the end of March. The incumbent was Leeds-based Bloom.
A spokeswoman for OMD said the combined appointment for SEO and social media reflects the growing demand among clients the two services to be integrated.
RCL Cruise's media account is handled by the independent agency AMS. JWT was appointed to the creative account for the Royal Caribbean International in January.
Jo Briody, head of marketing for Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises, said: "Both SEO and social media are central to building awareness of our brands amongst UK consumers and attracting a new to cruise market.
"We are delighted to be working with OMD and are confident they will ensure that our brands are front of mind in the digital arena."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection £60 - £68K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager | Digital Nu Creative Talent £32k-41k + bonus + relocation , London
- Product Manager Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £65000 per annum + bonus and benefits, City of London
- Social Media Manager - Fashion Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Managing Editor - Online Publisher - Parenting Ultimate Asset £40000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'