Royal Caribbean appoints OMD for search and social
RCL Cruises, the owner of Royal Caribbean brand, has appointed Omnicom's OMD UK to handle its social media and search engine optimisation (SEO) business, following a competitive pitch.
OMD will work on tailored social media and SEO campaigns to promote RCL Cruise's three cruise lines – Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises and Royal Caribbean.
OMD was appointed after a pitch against a number of undisclosed specialist digital agencies at the end of March. The incumbent was Leeds-based Bloom.
A spokeswoman for OMD said the combined appointment for SEO and social media reflects the growing demand among clients the two services to be integrated.
RCL Cruise's media account is handled by the independent agency AMS. JWT was appointed to the creative account for the Royal Caribbean International in January.
Jo Briody, head of marketing for Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises, said: "Both SEO and social media are central to building awareness of our brands amongst UK consumers and attracting a new to cruise market.
"We are delighted to be working with OMD and are confident they will ensure that our brands are front of mind in the digital arena."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid-weight Designer with super cool boutique agency Dahling Ltd £28-35k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight or Senior Conceptual Creative Team Dahling Ltd £30-45k or £60-90k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Junior Conceptual Creative or a Junior Creative team- TOP BOUTIQUE CREATIVE AGENCY!!!! Dahling Ltd £20-25k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey