Premier Foods readies Angel Delight ice-cream after 'successful' Facebook trial
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 30 April 2012 09:45AM
Premier Foods is to launch Angel Delight ice-cream mix in major retailers, following a trial launch on Facebook last year.
Last August, Marketing revealed the food giant had turned to Facebook to exclusively launch the "whisk and freeze" variant of its Angel Delight powdered dessert.
It gave away samples to Facebook users who liked the product and ran a six-week digital campaign to raise awareness of the product and suggest recipe ideas.
According to Premier Foods, Angel Delight's Facebook page received 49,000 "likes", 142,000 Twitter impressions and gave away 42,000 product samples.
The £1 ice-cream mix goes on sale this week in Tesco store. Retailers including Sainsbury's and Asda will also stock the product in the coming months.
Flavours available are expected to include Strawberry, Chocolate, Butterscotch, as well as the original flavour Vanilla.
Lisa Keogh, senior brand manager at Premier Foods, said the product had an "incredibly successful" social media launch.
She said: "We are confident the fun and excitement we have generated online can be translated into really strong sales."
The launch will be supported by PR and sampling activity.
Last month Premier Foods revealed that it reduced its consumer marketing spend by 19% last year to £25.6m.
It recently consolidated its creative agency roster, switching advertising duties on the eight brands from Dare and 101 into McCann London and JWT London.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Freelance Account Director Dynamic New Alliances Ã‚£230 - Ã‚£250 per day, City of London
- MidWeight Digital Designer - Agency Nakama £25,000 - £35000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Account executive - branding and design agency, Ã‚£22k Gabriele Skelton £18000 - £22000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director - Digital Global Agency Nakama £80,000 - £100,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Studio Manager Network Career Consultants Ã‚£50000 - Ã‚£60000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake