Premier Foods readies Angel Delight ice-cream after 'successful' Facebook trial
Premier Foods is to launch Angel Delight ice-cream mix in major retailers, following a trial launch on Facebook last year.
Last August, Marketing revealed the food giant had turned to Facebook to exclusively launch the "whisk and freeze" variant of its Angel Delight powdered dessert.
It gave away samples to Facebook users who liked the product and ran a six-week digital campaign to raise awareness of the product and suggest recipe ideas.
According to Premier Foods, Angel Delight's Facebook page received 49,000 "likes", 142,000 Twitter impressions and gave away 42,000 product samples.
The £1 ice-cream mix goes on sale this week in Tesco store. Retailers including Sainsbury's and Asda will also stock the product in the coming months.
Flavours available are expected to include Strawberry, Chocolate, Butterscotch, as well as the original flavour Vanilla.
Lisa Keogh, senior brand manager at Premier Foods, said the product had an "incredibly successful" social media launch.
She said: "We are confident the fun and excitement we have generated online can be translated into really strong sales."
The launch will be supported by PR and sampling activity.
Last month Premier Foods revealed that it reduced its consumer marketing spend by 19% last year to £25.6m.
It recently consolidated its creative agency roster, switching advertising duties on the eight brands from Dare and 101 into McCann London and JWT London.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014