BBC prepares Olympic Torch ad campaign with Elbow soundtrack
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R has created the BBC's Olympics campaign for the torch relay, using Elbow's 'First Steps' in the creative, to showcase the national broadcaster's coverage of the event.
The campaign breaks tomorrow (1 May) and uses a graphic motif image of the Olympic Torch, featuring 8,000 holes within the design that each represents an individual torchbearer.
The TV ad pans back to show the individual dots joining together to create the image of the torch, which then transform into different images of landscapes, athletes and celebrations for the torch relay.
The 60-second ad will run across BBC One and BBC Three. Parts of the ad will be used within title sequences for the 'BBC Torch' specials, 'The One Show' special and 'Blue Peter'.
The ad will be the first in a series for the BBC to showcase its coverage of the Olympic Games, and the Elbow track, 'First Steps', will be used throughout Rainey's upcoming work for the broadcaster.
Earlier this month, RKCR/Y&R merged its digital shop, Saint, into the main agency, while at the same time, recruiting Jon Sharpe, the former chief digital officer at M&C Saatchi Group, as its chief innovation officer.
Executive creative director Damon Collins and chief executive Richard Exon left the agency in September last year to launch their own start-up. However, Collins oversaw the account and the creation of the current campaign in his time in the agency.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Category Insight Manager - FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 - £38000 per annum + £5k Car Allowance + Benefits, Bracknell
- Senior Designer Contract Zebra People £350 per day, City of London
- Head of Social Media - leading advertising agency The Great & The Good £50,000 to £60,000 per annum plus benefits, Beautiful offices in central London
- Global Digital Brand Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + other benefits , Slough
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart