BBC prepares Olympic Torch ad campaign with Elbow soundtrack
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R has created the BBC's Olympics campaign for the torch relay, using Elbow's 'First Steps' in the creative, to showcase the national broadcaster's coverage of the event.
The campaign breaks tomorrow (1 May) and uses a graphic motif image of the Olympic Torch, featuring 8,000 holes within the design that each represents an individual torchbearer.
The TV ad pans back to show the individual dots joining together to create the image of the torch, which then transform into different images of landscapes, athletes and celebrations for the torch relay.
The 60-second ad will run across BBC One and BBC Three. Parts of the ad will be used within title sequences for the 'BBC Torch' specials, 'The One Show' special and 'Blue Peter'.
The ad will be the first in a series for the BBC to showcase its coverage of the Olympic Games, and the Elbow track, 'First Steps', will be used throughout Rainey's upcoming work for the broadcaster.
Earlier this month, RKCR/Y&R merged its digital shop, Saint, into the main agency, while at the same time, recruiting Jon Sharpe, the former chief digital officer at M&C Saatchi Group, as its chief innovation officer.
Executive creative director Damon Collins and chief executive Richard Exon left the agency in September last year to launch their own start-up. However, Collins oversaw the account and the creation of the current campaign in his time in the agency.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Planner PFJ £26000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic & Product Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP22000 - GBP25000 per annum, Birmingham
- Consumer Insight Manager - Berkshire Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £45000 Per Annum benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Account Director: Birmingham based Creative Agency - digital, brochure literature & CRM Firehorse c.£55k, Birmingham
- Research Manager -Public sector Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Proximity's Justin Vir joins Havas Worldwide London