BBC prepares Olympic Torch ad campaign with Elbow soundtrack
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R has created the BBC's Olympics campaign for the torch relay, using Elbow's 'First Steps' in the creative, to showcase the national broadcaster's coverage of the event.
The campaign breaks tomorrow (1 May) and uses a graphic motif image of the Olympic Torch, featuring 8,000 holes within the design that each represents an individual torchbearer.
The TV ad pans back to show the individual dots joining together to create the image of the torch, which then transform into different images of landscapes, athletes and celebrations for the torch relay.
The 60-second ad will run across BBC One and BBC Three. Parts of the ad will be used within title sequences for the 'BBC Torch' specials, 'The One Show' special and 'Blue Peter'.
The ad will be the first in a series for the BBC to showcase its coverage of the Olympic Games, and the Elbow track, 'First Steps', will be used throughout Rainey's upcoming work for the broadcaster.
Earlier this month, RKCR/Y&R merged its digital shop, Saint, into the main agency, while at the same time, recruiting Jon Sharpe, the former chief digital officer at M&C Saatchi Group, as its chief innovation officer.
Executive creative director Damon Collins and chief executive Richard Exon left the agency in September last year to launch their own start-up. However, Collins oversaw the account and the creation of the current campaign in his time in the agency.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Web Editor Network Career Consultants £29000 - £36000 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Buying Manager, Asia Salt £75000 - £90000 per annum + relocation + benefits, China
- Junior Designer British Heart Foundation £24,000 p/a + 30 days holiday and excellent benefits, London NW1
- UK & I Marketing Manager Stopgap £28000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'