Virgin Holidays reviews advertising account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 30 April 2012 05:48PM
Virgin Holidays has called a review for its advertising account, currently handled by Elvis, which has worked on the brief for five years.
Elvis has been invited to repitch for the business in a review overseen by Creativebrief.
The agency was appointed to handle Virgin Holidays’ direct marketing account in 2007. Three years later the agency was handed the brand’s advertising account following the merger of its sister agency and incumbent on the account, MCBD, with Dare.
The review follows a consolidation of marketing functions within Virgin Holidays for all of its group of brands.
Andrew Shelton, marketing director at Virgin Holidays, said: "As we conclude the integration of all brand marketing in one central team, I believe it is the right time to conduct an agency review."
Last year Elvis was behind Virgin Holidays' innovative Gatwick travelator campaign. The drive used RFID technology to create a bespoke digital poster along the length of the Gatwick travelator, triggered by customers' specific flights or a chip in the Virgin Holidays luggage tag.
Virgin Holidays’ search agency Steak and media agency MG OMD will be unaffected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Planner - Shopper / Integrated agency / Recent award winner - to £50k Fill Recruitment to £50k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - OOH/Major Event Sponsorship Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Junior Art Director air recruitment Up to £28k - dependent on experience + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- EXHIBITION DESIGNER - EXHIBITION DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands
- Account Manager- Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £27k - £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media