The National Trust turns to Facebook for Great British Day Out
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 May 2012 11:46AM
The National Trust is launching a campaign that encourages Facebook users to design a 'Great British Day Out', in a drive to target a younger audience by displaying the variety of its venues.
It has launched a Facebook app, created by e3, which enables users to select a National Trust destination, such as a beach, pub or island, choose a theme, such as a party or a romantic occasion, and invite their friends on the social network.
Once users submit their 'Great Day Out', they can share it with friends on Facebook and Twitter. The top 20 days out voted for by Facebook users will be shortlisted to be judged by the National Trust, and the winner will have their day out made a reality.
The National Trust is promoting the competition with Sponsored Story ads on Facebook, to encourage users to share it with their friends. In addition, the organisation will undertake blogger outreach, online advertising and Twitter activity.
The National Trust is not new to social media. Last year, it launched an experiment called My Farm, in which it gave 10,000 people control of one of its working farms, through an online subscription.
Last month, it appointed 18 Feet & Rising as its ad agency, tasked to develop an overarching brand strategy to deliver the charity's core charitable purpose, while broadening its appeal.
llow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show