Batchelors targets women with 'female Pot Noodle'
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 May 2012 08:30AM
Premier Foods-owned brand Batchelors is gearing up for a major marketing offensive for its new Deli Box range, which will take on male-focused brands such as Pot Noodle with advertising aimed at women.
Batchelors' Deli Box is currently being rolled out in Tesco branches ahead of listings in other major supermarkets in July.
Batchelors marketing controller John Burton said Deli Box is likely to be supported by a significant above-the-line campaign, which could include TV, radio or press.
Burton believes Deli Box’s point of difference is that it will be marketed to a female demographic. He said targeting women would present a "big opportunity" for the brand.
Deli Box is sold in six variants – four noodles and two pasta – and comes in a variety of flavours including chicken, BBQ beef and chow mein.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Digital Operations Director - Display, Video & Mobile Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Product Manager Brand Recruitment Competitive basic plus excellent benefits , Ipswich
- Junior Account Manager / Account Manager / Account Executive Royds Raphael £25k-£28kk+neg, London