Unilever sponsors Vevo summer festival programme
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 May 2012 08:32AM
Unilever has struck a deal with Vevo, the online music video service, which makes Lynx the first brand to become the exclusive sponsor of the 'Vevo Summer Six' festival tour.
The launch of 'Summer Six' marks Vevo's debut into the UK festival scene, as it follows six artists around the festival circuit, to generate behind the scenes and "on the road" footage.
Lynx will be the exclusive sponsor of the program, which will include 96 pieces of co-branded content and kicks off next week with footage from the Great Escape festival in Brighton on 9-10 May.
The deal was brokered by Mindshare.
Artists included in the scheme are: Chiddy Bang; Benga; Sub Focus; Dry the River; Maverick Sabre and Spector.
Vevo has partnerships with Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, EMI and many independent labels, to provide a library of 45,000 videos from more than 11,000 artists.
It launched in the UK a year ago, and while it has had around 50 brand partners, including Coca-Cola and BT, this is the first time a major brand has sponsored one of its programmes.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Adam Recruitment £27000 - £35000 Per Annum plus benefits, Manchester
- Account Director - Direct Marketing/Shopper/CRM Stopgap £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Exciting Digital Project Management Vacancy Zebra People £40000 - £50000 per annum + additional benefits, City of London
- Studio/Production Manager - late shift Network Career Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office