Unilever sponsors Vevo summer festival programme
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 May 2012 08:32AM
Unilever has struck a deal with Vevo, the online music video service, which makes Lynx the first brand to become the exclusive sponsor of the 'Vevo Summer Six' festival tour.
The launch of 'Summer Six' marks Vevo's debut into the UK festival scene, as it follows six artists around the festival circuit, to generate behind the scenes and "on the road" footage.
Lynx will be the exclusive sponsor of the program, which will include 96 pieces of co-branded content and kicks off next week with footage from the Great Escape festival in Brighton on 9-10 May.
The deal was brokered by Mindshare.
Artists included in the scheme are: Chiddy Bang; Benga; Sub Focus; Dry the River; Maverick Sabre and Spector.
Vevo has partnerships with Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, EMI and many independent labels, to provide a library of 45,000 videos from more than 11,000 artists.
It launched in the UK a year ago, and while it has had around 50 brand partners, including Coca-Cola and BT, this is the first time a major brand has sponsored one of its programmes.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Media Manager Lynda Up to £50,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Campaigns Officer - Leading MS Charity CHM Competitive Salary, NW London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3