Unilever sponsors Vevo summer festival programme
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 May 2012 08:32AM
Unilever has struck a deal with Vevo, the online music video service, which makes Lynx the first brand to become the exclusive sponsor of the 'Vevo Summer Six' festival tour.
The launch of 'Summer Six' marks Vevo's debut into the UK festival scene, as it follows six artists around the festival circuit, to generate behind the scenes and "on the road" footage.
Lynx will be the exclusive sponsor of the program, which will include 96 pieces of co-branded content and kicks off next week with footage from the Great Escape festival in Brighton on 9-10 May.
The deal was brokered by Mindshare.
Artists included in the scheme are: Chiddy Bang; Benga; Sub Focus; Dry the River; Maverick Sabre and Spector.
Vevo has partnerships with Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, EMI and many independent labels, to provide a library of 45,000 videos from more than 11,000 artists.
It launched in the UK a year ago, and while it has had around 50 brand partners, including Coca-Cola and BT, this is the first time a major brand has sponsored one of its programmes.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Marketing Campaign Manager Barclay Meade £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Individual Giving Officer Stopgap £29500 - £30500 per annum, London
- Junior Digital Project Manager | Midlands | 3 month Contract Salt £200 - £250 per day, Coventry
- Campaign Manager Adam Recruitment Negotiable, Basingstoke
- SEO AND CONTENT MANAGER Salt £300 - £350 per day, West London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media