McDonald's prepares Great Tastes of America menu
McDonald's is launching an ad campaign to promote its annual 'Great Tastes of America' burger promotion.
The four-week campaign by Leo Burnett launches today (1 May). It visits the same quintessentially British town four times to see how the customers react to the introduction of a different American-themed burger each week in their local McDonald's.
Each week, the townsfolk will adopt a different icon from American culture as they pay a humble but humorous tribute to the Texas BBQ, the Chicago Supreme, the Arizona Nacho Grande and the New York Classic burgers, respectively.
The four near identical 30-second spots will feature the same set of characters, who will change their outfits every week as they decorate the town with Texan Cowboy gear, Chicago theatre props, Arizona cacti and an iconic New York yellow taxi.
The first ad will promote the Texas BBQ and launches during 'Emmerdale' on ITV1 tonight.
The TV and print campaign was created by Steve Robertson and Laurie Smith. The creative director was Adam Tucker, and the executive creative director was Justin Tindall.
Jim Gilchrist at MJZ directed the TV commercial, while the print campaign was photographed by James Day.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham