Wham bar to make a comeback
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 May 2012 10:48AM
The iconic Wham bar, the 1980s classic known for its "tongue tingling" taste, is making a comeback under new owner Tangerine Confectionery.
Tangerine Confectionery acquired the rights to the chewy bar brand last year from the administrators of Millar McCowan, which folded last year. The Wham bar was removed from shelves in September 2011.
Tangerine Confectionery's current portfolio includes Barratt Refreshers, Sherbet Dip Dabs, Sherbet Fountains and Fruit Salads.
According to Tangerine Confectionery, the Wham bar sold over 30 million bars a year at its peak.
The new-look bar will return with an improved recipe and flavours but will still include its core raspberry bar as well as a mini Wham in a sharing pack format.
Other flavours include Strawberry, Cola, Sour Apple, and Brew variants.
The range will also include "novel" confectionery lines including sour and fizzy products.
Its relaunch is being supported by a fully-integrated marketing campaign that invites consumers to say "Wham it!" to boring and unexciting everyday experiences. The marketing's specific details are still being finalised.
The new-look standard Wham bar will be priced at 20p while the "Mega Wham" bar will be priced at 29p.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits + Bonus, Lancashire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad