Welsh rugby stars soften up with Dove Men+Care partnership
Unilever's Dove Men+Care grooming brand has signed a title sponsorship deal with the Welsh Rugby Union, in a move that will rename this autumn's test matches, the Dove Men Series.
The sponsorship deal is an extension of Dove Men+Care's previous sponsorship of the Welsh Rugby Union's 2011 summer series of matches. No financial details of the deal have been disclosed.
The campaign was one of the first in a series of marketing pushes from male-grooming brands that moved away from a typical celebrity-led approach to marketing within the sector.
The brand instead created a tongue-in-cheek campaign to bring new male consumers into the category, which has also been seen in the marketing of Procter & Gamble's ads for Old Spice, featuring US actor Isaiah Mustafa.
Unilever claims that the current sports tie-up for the Dove brand demonstrates its "high performance" for male consumers.
Paul O’Connor, brand manager, Dove Men+Care, said: "The matches making up the Dove Men Series will undoubtedly be first-class events and provide the perfect platform for showcasing the superior skin care qualities and high performance of our products in the Dove Men+Care range."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Project Manager Red Sofa London £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Account Director + Account Manager / Brand Design Gemini Search £30000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, City of London
- Data Scientist - [Gaming|SQL|R|Python|Tableau] - Central London Salt £50000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager Duke Network Circa £32k - £37k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager Major Players £37000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits , London
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media