Welsh rugby stars soften up with Dove Men+Care partnership
Unilever's Dove Men+Care grooming brand has signed a title sponsorship deal with the Welsh Rugby Union, in a move that will rename this autumn's test matches, the Dove Men Series.
The sponsorship deal is an extension of Dove Men+Care's previous sponsorship of the Welsh Rugby Union's 2011 summer series of matches. No financial details of the deal have been disclosed.
The campaign was one of the first in a series of marketing pushes from male-grooming brands that moved away from a typical celebrity-led approach to marketing within the sector.
The brand instead created a tongue-in-cheek campaign to bring new male consumers into the category, which has also been seen in the marketing of Procter & Gamble's ads for Old Spice, featuring US actor Isaiah Mustafa.
Unilever claims that the current sports tie-up for the Dove brand demonstrates its "high performance" for male consumers.
Paul O’Connor, brand manager, Dove Men+Care, said: "The matches making up the Dove Men Series will undoubtedly be first-class events and provide the perfect platform for showcasing the superior skin care qualities and high performance of our products in the Dove Men+Care range."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE Royds Raphael £22K-£20K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER / ACCOUNT DIRECTOR- PERMANENT & CONTRACT ROLES Royds Raphael £45K - £55K+ / £180-£250 DAY RATE, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER / SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - Branding & Marcomms Royds Raphael £25k-£30k depending on experience., London