Welsh rugby stars soften up with Dove Men+Care partnership
Unilever's Dove Men+Care grooming brand has signed a title sponsorship deal with the Welsh Rugby Union, in a move that will rename this autumn's test matches, the Dove Men Series.
The sponsorship deal is an extension of Dove Men+Care's previous sponsorship of the Welsh Rugby Union's 2011 summer series of matches. No financial details of the deal have been disclosed.
The campaign was one of the first in a series of marketing pushes from male-grooming brands that moved away from a typical celebrity-led approach to marketing within the sector.
The brand instead created a tongue-in-cheek campaign to bring new male consumers into the category, which has also been seen in the marketing of Procter & Gamble's ads for Old Spice, featuring US actor Isaiah Mustafa.
Unilever claims that the current sports tie-up for the Dove brand demonstrates its "high performance" for male consumers.
Paul O’Connor, brand manager, Dove Men+Care, said: "The matches making up the Dove Men Series will undoubtedly be first-class events and provide the perfect platform for showcasing the superior skin care qualities and high performance of our products in the Dove Men+Care range."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Middleweight Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, West London
- Data & Analytics Director Digital Bubble £130,000 - 150,000 + 20% bonus, london
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014