Welsh rugby stars soften up with Dove Men+Care partnership
Unilever's Dove Men+Care grooming brand has signed a title sponsorship deal with the Welsh Rugby Union, in a move that will rename this autumn's test matches, the Dove Men Series.
The sponsorship deal is an extension of Dove Men+Care's previous sponsorship of the Welsh Rugby Union's 2011 summer series of matches. No financial details of the deal have been disclosed.
The campaign was one of the first in a series of marketing pushes from male-grooming brands that moved away from a typical celebrity-led approach to marketing within the sector.
The brand instead created a tongue-in-cheek campaign to bring new male consumers into the category, which has also been seen in the marketing of Procter & Gamble's ads for Old Spice, featuring US actor Isaiah Mustafa.
Unilever claims that the current sports tie-up for the Dove brand demonstrates its "high performance" for male consumers.
Paul O’Connor, brand manager, Dove Men+Care, said: "The matches making up the Dove Men Series will undoubtedly be first-class events and provide the perfect platform for showcasing the superior skin care qualities and high performance of our products in the Dove Men+Care range."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Events Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Adam Recruitment Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Manager/ Junior Account Director - Brand Coms ADLIB £33k - £38k , Bristol
- Digital Project Manager - Senior Premier Media Negotiable, London
- Channel Marketing Manager, London, up to £46k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £46000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, North London
- Graduate Insight Executive Elizabeth Norman International Ã‚£18000 - Ã‚£20000 per annum, London