Helen Keable joins Posterscope as commercial and communications director
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 12:34PM
Posterscope, the Aegis Media-owned outdoor media specialist, has appointed Helen Keable to the newly created role of commercial communications director.
Keable was previously an investment director at Manning Gottlieb OMD, running investment across its Virgin Group and lastminute.com clients. She also headed up trading for radio and outdoor.
She officially stepped up to her new role this week and reports to Glen Wilson, managing director at Posterscope.
The company intends to bring an alternative, broader perspective to Posterscope in terms of commercial opportunity, and also a more encompassing communication of their role in the out-of-home sector.
Keable has 15 years' experience at media agencies.
Wilson said: "We are at the beginning of a new era for the out-of-home medium. In order to deliver increased value for advertisers, as their customers' behaviour becomes more social, local and mobile, we need to be better at articulating and activating the role for out-of-home in this connected economy – to think of the medium in terms of a consumer ecosystem, rather than a collection of real estate.
"Among other things, this means having a more holistic view of the products and services we develop, the consumer insight we apply to our planning, and the commercial opportunities that we are able to develop.
"It also means telling our story, internally, to agencies, to media owners and to advertisers in a more joined up and effective way. To help us with this, Helen Keable joins as commercial and communications director."
The news follows the recent departure from Posterscope of Steve Bond, who left in February after 19 years at the company.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'