Orange introduces Sylvester Stallone to Inbetweeners' Jay
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 08:45AM
'Inbetweeners' star James Buckley gatecrashes 'The Expendables 2' in order to introduce Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham to the world of social media, in Orange's latest Gold Spot cinema campaign.
Buckley appears as Crumper, a social networks communications officer, who uploads a picture of the action heroes in their secret HQ to Facebook and tags the picture as "The funky bunker".
The ad by Fallon ends with the characters played by Stallone, Statham, Terry Crews and Dolph Lundgren, fleeing the bunker and leaving Buckley to tidy up the HQ.
The spot will launch in cinemas nationwide from Friday 4 May ahead of the launch of 'The Expendables 2' on Friday 17 August.
Orange's Gold Spots are part of the brand's association with film, which includes Orange Wednesdays and the Orange Film To Go service, which is run in partnership with iTunes.
Previous stars of the Orange Gold Spot campaigns include 'The Muppets', Spike Lee, 'The A-Team' and Jack Black.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Design Director createselect Up to £65k, London (Greater)
- Quant Researcher-Immediate Start-Saudi Arabia-c50k Tax Free Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £50000 per annum + Tax free and travel, Saudi Arabia
- Senior Brand Manager Salt £160 - £190 per day, Reading
- Senior Project Manager Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, london
- Lead .NET (Sitecore) Developer Digital Gurus £50000 - £60000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits Available, Central London
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media