Orange introduces Sylvester Stallone to Inbetweeners' Jay
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 08:45AM
'Inbetweeners' star James Buckley gatecrashes 'The Expendables 2' in order to introduce Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham to the world of social media, in Orange's latest Gold Spot cinema campaign.
Buckley appears as Crumper, a social networks communications officer, who uploads a picture of the action heroes in their secret HQ to Facebook and tags the picture as "The funky bunker".
The ad by Fallon ends with the characters played by Stallone, Statham, Terry Crews and Dolph Lundgren, fleeing the bunker and leaving Buckley to tidy up the HQ.
The spot will launch in cinemas nationwide from Friday 4 May ahead of the launch of 'The Expendables 2' on Friday 17 August.
Orange's Gold Spots are part of the brand's association with film, which includes Orange Wednesdays and the Orange Film To Go service, which is run in partnership with iTunes.
Previous stars of the Orange Gold Spot campaigns include 'The Muppets', Spike Lee, 'The A-Team' and Jack Black.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Design Director - Global Packaging Design Agency - Farringdon Twist Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + very good benefits , City of London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account