Orange introduces Sylvester Stallone to Inbetweeners' Jay
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 08:45AM
'Inbetweeners' star James Buckley gatecrashes 'The Expendables 2' in order to introduce Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham to the world of social media, in Orange's latest Gold Spot cinema campaign.
Buckley appears as Crumper, a social networks communications officer, who uploads a picture of the action heroes in their secret HQ to Facebook and tags the picture as "The funky bunker".
The ad by Fallon ends with the characters played by Stallone, Statham, Terry Crews and Dolph Lundgren, fleeing the bunker and leaving Buckley to tidy up the HQ.
The spot will launch in cinemas nationwide from Friday 4 May ahead of the launch of 'The Expendables 2' on Friday 17 August.
Orange's Gold Spots are part of the brand's association with film, which includes Orange Wednesdays and the Orange Film To Go service, which is run in partnership with iTunes.
Previous stars of the Orange Gold Spot campaigns include 'The Muppets', Spike Lee, 'The A-Team' and Jack Black.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Manager Aspire £30000 - £40000.00 per annum + Excellent, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3