Orange introduces Sylvester Stallone to Inbetweeners' Jay
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 08:45AM
'Inbetweeners' star James Buckley gatecrashes 'The Expendables 2' in order to introduce Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham to the world of social media, in Orange's latest Gold Spot cinema campaign.
Buckley appears as Crumper, a social networks communications officer, who uploads a picture of the action heroes in their secret HQ to Facebook and tags the picture as "The funky bunker".
The ad by Fallon ends with the characters played by Stallone, Statham, Terry Crews and Dolph Lundgren, fleeing the bunker and leaving Buckley to tidy up the HQ.
The spot will launch in cinemas nationwide from Friday 4 May ahead of the launch of 'The Expendables 2' on Friday 17 August.
Orange's Gold Spots are part of the brand's association with film, which includes Orange Wednesdays and the Orange Film To Go service, which is run in partnership with iTunes.
Previous stars of the Orange Gold Spot campaigns include 'The Muppets', Spike Lee, 'The A-Team' and Jack Black.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive- Luxury Retail- to £24k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Digital Sales Manager MediaMigo Recruitment imited Up to £50k basic + comms + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Director Jarlett de Grouchy £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Great benefits, London
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £27000 - £40000 per annum, Hemel Hempstead
- PR & Analyst Relations Manager EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £70000 - £80000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch