Boots kicks off pitch for digital business
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 08:00AM
Boots, the high-street retailer, is reviewing its digital advertising arrangements.
The company has approached UK digital agencies directly to invite them to compete for the business.
Boots is understood to be looking for an agency to provide a unified digital strategy to bolster its share of the online health-and-beauty market.
The retailer’s relationship with its above-the-line incumbent, Mother, is not affected by the review.
In the UK, Boots has previously worked with Agency Republic and Grand Union, which it appointed in 2006.
The brand has traditionally focused on its above-the-line communications. It is currently running a TV campaign by Mother promoting its Number 7 range, which introduced a new brand positioning focusing on "real" women.
A Boots spokewoman said: "Boots UK will be developing a roster of digital production agencies who will work alongside existing agencies. This roster will be for Boots UK only. OMD will not be affected by this."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 per annum, London
- Account Manager- Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £33k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PROJECT MANAGER - LONDON - £30-40K + BENEFITS Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building