Cilla Snowball named new Advertising Association chairman
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 11:00AM
Cilla Snowball, the group chairman and group chief executive of Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, has become the first female chairman of the Advertising Association.
Snowball has set out her agenda as driving greater cross-industry support for the AA and ensuring its key messages hit home with the Government and opinion-formers.
She succeeds Andrew McGuinness, a founding partner of Beattie McGuinness Bungay, who steps down on 1 June after three years in the role, and has promised to build on his work.
Snowball will work alongside the AA's chief executive, Tim Lefroy, and its president Gavin Patterson, the chief executive of BT Retail and a director of BT Group plc.
Snowball said: "The AA has begun an important transformation, in line with the step-change that we are seeing in the issues and opportunities across advertising. We've an ambitious AA team, energetic support from practitioners and a sharpened narrative on why advertising matters. My job is to build on that good work and bring fresh momentum to the case for our industry. I can't wait to get started."
Patterson added: "Cilla shares our vision of an ad sector that is more confident, cohesive and better understood. We're making great progress and, with such high-calibre support arriving, we can only move even further, faster."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Trading Director - Media Agency MediaMigo Recruitment imited £50-60k dep on experience + benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director / Senior Account Director Experiential £55-65k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- AV Buying Exec - Media Agency MediaMigo Recruitment imited £25-30k dep on experience + benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Sales Manager MediaMigo Recruitment imited Up to £50k basic + comms + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Executive (Full-Time / Permanent) The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) £29,081 (Inclusive of London Weighting), Regent's Park, London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy