Schwarzkopf signs as headline Big Brother sponsor
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 11:00AM
Schwarzkopf, the Henkel-owned brand, has signed a £2 million deal to become the headline sponsor of Channel 5's Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother and Big Brother's Bit On The Side.
The deal, negotiated by MEC, will see branding for Schwarzkopf's Live Color XXL hair-dye products appear on idents and all marketing around the Big Brother formats. The idents will be created by Signal TV.
Freederm sponsored last year's Big Brother, while Plusnet was the sponsor of Celebrity Big Brother in January.
Channel 5, Schwarzkopf and Endemol, the producer, will run a competition offering a viewer and 11 friends the chance to win "the Big Brother experience", including house voiceovers, challenges and rewards.
Ben Haxworth, the head of marketing at Schwarzkopf and Henkel, said: "The brand is all about having fun and being a bit different, so there is a great fit with Big Brother."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Project Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £19000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Marketing & Comms Executive Major Players £28000 - £35000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Designer Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Designer - UI Designer Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Copywriter - Conceptual, Charity, Direct Marketing Agency ADLIB Upto £50k, Bristol
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers