Schwarzkopf signs as headline Big Brother sponsor
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 11:00AM
Schwarzkopf, the Henkel-owned brand, has signed a £2 million deal to become the headline sponsor of Channel 5's Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother and Big Brother's Bit On The Side.
The deal, negotiated by MEC, will see branding for Schwarzkopf's Live Color XXL hair-dye products appear on idents and all marketing around the Big Brother formats. The idents will be created by Signal TV.
Freederm sponsored last year's Big Brother, while Plusnet was the sponsor of Celebrity Big Brother in January.
Channel 5, Schwarzkopf and Endemol, the producer, will run a competition offering a viewer and 11 friends the chance to win "the Big Brother experience", including house voiceovers, challenges and rewards.
Ben Haxworth, the head of marketing at Schwarzkopf and Henkel, said: "The brand is all about having fun and being a bit different, so there is a great fit with Big Brother."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director [Telco] - Superb Agency off Oxford Street Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k with great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart