Schwarzkopf signs as headline Big Brother sponsor
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 11:00AM
Schwarzkopf, the Henkel-owned brand, has signed a £2 million deal to become the headline sponsor of Channel 5's Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother and Big Brother's Bit On The Side.
The deal, negotiated by MEC, will see branding for Schwarzkopf's Live Color XXL hair-dye products appear on idents and all marketing around the Big Brother formats. The idents will be created by Signal TV.
Freederm sponsored last year's Big Brother, while Plusnet was the sponsor of Celebrity Big Brother in January.
Channel 5, Schwarzkopf and Endemol, the producer, will run a competition offering a viewer and 11 friends the chance to win "the Big Brother experience", including house voiceovers, challenges and rewards.
Ben Haxworth, the head of marketing at Schwarzkopf and Henkel, said: "The brand is all about having fun and being a bit different, so there is a great fit with Big Brother."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- SENIOR DESIGNER - AWARD WINNING AGENCY! Live Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum, West Midlands
- Mid-weight Designer - Award winning agency! Live Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, West Midlands
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review