Schwarzkopf signs as headline Big Brother sponsor
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 11:00AM
Schwarzkopf, the Henkel-owned brand, has signed a £2 million deal to become the headline sponsor of Channel 5's Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother and Big Brother's Bit On The Side.
The deal, negotiated by MEC, will see branding for Schwarzkopf's Live Color XXL hair-dye products appear on idents and all marketing around the Big Brother formats. The idents will be created by Signal TV.
Freederm sponsored last year's Big Brother, while Plusnet was the sponsor of Celebrity Big Brother in January.
Channel 5, Schwarzkopf and Endemol, the producer, will run a competition offering a viewer and 11 friends the chance to win "the Big Brother experience", including house voiceovers, challenges and rewards.
Ben Haxworth, the head of marketing at Schwarzkopf and Henkel, said: "The brand is all about having fun and being a bit different, so there is a great fit with Big Brother."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - Design & Marketing Agency ADLIB £ Competitive, Hampshire
- Marketing Executive - Cloud Marketing & Lead Capture Software Recruitment Revolution Up to £25,000 (DOE) + Benefits, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Marketing Data Analyst - CRM / eCRM ADLIB £Competitive, Bath
- Brand Strategy Consultant Rare Selection £30 - £40K + excellent benefits incl pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive, Top branding and design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'