EDF hires AKQA as lead digital agency
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 11:00AM
EDF Energy has appointed AKQA as its lead digital advertising agency.
The shop, which won the account after a competitive pitch, will be responsible for both EDF's consumer and business digital activity.
Archibald Ingall Stretton has been the incumbent on the digital account since 2008, and will continue to work with the French energy company on its eCRM activity.
AIS also handles the EDF DM business, which is being reviewed separately in a process that is expected to conclude in early summer.
AKQA's appointment comes as EDF looks to ramp up its digital activity following the launch of the brand positioning "Feel better energy" to promote its new price promise tariff.
EDF's advertising agency, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, recently created a campaign for the brand that featured a character based on the You-Tube "dancing robot" called Keepon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Global Insight manager | World leading OTC company Elizabeth Norman International £50000 - £60000 per annum + Car + bonus , London
- Analyst / Senior Analyst - Clientside Hasson Associates £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- SENIOR PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, Leicestershire
- DIGITAL STRATEGY MANAGER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, East Midlands
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media