EDF hires AKQA as lead digital agency
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 11:00AM
EDF Energy has appointed AKQA as its lead digital advertising agency.
The shop, which won the account after a competitive pitch, will be responsible for both EDF's consumer and business digital activity.
Archibald Ingall Stretton has been the incumbent on the digital account since 2008, and will continue to work with the French energy company on its eCRM activity.
AIS also handles the EDF DM business, which is being reviewed separately in a process that is expected to conclude in early summer.
AKQA's appointment comes as EDF looks to ramp up its digital activity following the launch of the brand positioning "Feel better energy" to promote its new price promise tariff.
EDF's advertising agency, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, recently created a campaign for the brand that featured a character based on the You-Tube "dancing robot" called Keepon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager (Surrey) become £35k, Surrey
- Digital Designer Developer become £25k - 28k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief