EDF hires AKQA as lead digital agency
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 11:00AM
EDF Energy has appointed AKQA as its lead digital advertising agency.
The shop, which won the account after a competitive pitch, will be responsible for both EDF's consumer and business digital activity.
Archibald Ingall Stretton has been the incumbent on the digital account since 2008, and will continue to work with the French energy company on its eCRM activity.
AIS also handles the EDF DM business, which is being reviewed separately in a process that is expected to conclude in early summer.
AKQA's appointment comes as EDF looks to ramp up its digital activity following the launch of the brand positioning "Feel better energy" to promote its new price promise tariff.
EDF's advertising agency, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, recently created a campaign for the brand that featured a character based on the You-Tube "dancing robot" called Keepon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham