Jaguar to air Homeland-themed ad
Jaguar has partnered with Channel 4 to air a bespoke contextual ad that plays on the themes of 'Homeland', in the final ad break of the TV drama on Sunday (6 May).
Jaguar, in a campaign planned and bought by Mindshare, will premiere the 40-second TV ad as part of its 'Alive' global brand positioning, in the first ad break of 'Homeland' on Sunday.
Following the premiere, Channel 4 will air five two-second blipverts in each of the five ad breaks during the show. The short ads show a flash of the car with the sound of a heartbeat, which will get progressively quicker.
At the end of the final ad break, as the viewers are about to find out how the series ends, Channel 4 will air the special 'Homeland'-themed ad, made by Spark 44.
Chris Cardew, strategy director, business planning, at Mindshare, said: "The partnership with Channel 4 has innovation, intrigue and integration at its heart, and has provided a fantastic platform from which to launch the new Jaguar brand proposition."
The 'How Alive Are You' campaign aims to differentiate Jaguar from its German competitors and attract a younger male audience, ahead of the launch of the XF Sportbrake this autumn, and the new F Type convertible sports car next spring.
David Amodio, agency principal at Channel 4, said: "Sometimes advertisers can become a little obsessed with trying to produce content for viewers, when there is already incredible content for them to leverage.
"Mindshare and Jaguar have cleverly identified a cult show that has captured the UK's imagination and used it to make their message and campaign more relevant to the audience who love that show.
"By empathising with viewers and their mind set while watching the drama unfold, Jaguar is making a really bold statement."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- CAD Technician Required | 3 Month Contract | Reading Salt Ã‚£200 - Ã‚£300 per day, Reading
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, City Of London
- Freelance Integrated Designer Gemini Search Ã‚£170 - Ã‚£210 per day, London
- Senior Marketing Executive Barclay Meade Ã‚£35000 per annum + 5% bonus, City of London
- Midweight Designer - Creative Agency - Old Street Twist Recruitment Ã‚£27000.00 - Ã‚£32000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London