Scalextric rolls out Star Wars range
By Nick Batten, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 12:42PM
Scalextric will release the first ever products from its three-year global licensing partnership with the 'Star Wars' brand tomorrow (4 May).
Famous characters and iconic vehicles have been reproduced allowing fans to recreate intergalactic racing on the familiar Scalextric track. Different sets are available for different age groups that range from five-years to adult.
Products available will include Death Star Attack Track priced at £69.99 and the Battle of Endor Track priced at £99.99.
Anthony Daniels, who played C-3PO in the movies, said: "I had a thrilling Scalextric set when I was a child and it's great to see the brand is now stronger than ever.
"The launch of this exciting new range takes Scalextric and 'Star Wars' deeper into that ever-expanding galaxy."
Paul Chandler, marketing manager at Scalextric, said: "We have worked on the Scalextric-'Star Wars' project for more than two years now and we are delighted with the products we have created, working in close partnership with Lucasfilm Ltd.
"The combination of the incredible Scalextric slot racing system together with the iconic characters and vehicles from Star Wars TM is truly unique. And together, the Force is even stronger."
Individual, highly detailed versions of the Speeder Bikes (Luke Skywalker and Paploo the Ewok), with additional electronic light effects and alternative decoration features, will also be available later this year.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Digital Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham