KLM launches nine-month Facebook initiative
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines has created a nine-month Facebook campaign targeting its UK consumer base, to drive the brand's digital engagement.
The activity, called 'The Travel Diaries' goes live today (4 May). It gives KLM's Facebook fans access to a series of films showcasing nine popular cities across the globe – Buenos Aires, New York, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, Vancouver, Berlin, San Francisco, Amsterdam and Havana.
The videos give users a snapshot of each city and encourage them to enter a competition to win a pair of tickets to each destination.
KLM will open the draw for a new destination each month. In order to enter the competition, consumers must become fans of the KLM Facebook page and answer one question about the short film on display.
Winners will be announced at the end of every month, before the competition for the next destination is opened.
KLM said that it hopes to increase its 47,000-strong UK Facebook fanbase by at least 6,000 followers, and will support the campaign with alerts to its 675,000 newsletter subscribers.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Graphic Designer - Tech brands Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight FMCG Branding Designer Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Creative Lead - Fashion Network Career Consultants £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Web Project Manager (12 month FTC) Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Multi Media Specialist Creative Recruitment £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad