BA unveils plans for giant screen in Olympic Park
British Airways has revealed plans to broadcast the London 2012 Olympic Games live within a dedicated area at the Olympic Park for an audience of 10,000 people.
BA is a domestic tier-one sponsor of the London 2012 Games and has partnered with the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Locog) to create the event, called 'Park Live'.
The dedicated area will house 10,000 people, who will be able to watch the Games on a giant screen within the newly-created Olympic Park.
The area will also host live interviews with athletes on the presenting stage, live entertainment, short films and visits from Olympic and Paralympic athletes.
Tickets to enter the park are available to consumers already attending the Olympic Games, and to the general public. They will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
Frank van der Post, managing director of brands and customer experience at British Airways, said: "The park will be open to all guests on the Olympic Park before or after they've watched an event, or simply as a destination in itself.
"We're looking forward to offering a great experience and dedicated area to watch all the action live."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Passenger Communications Officer Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Marketing Account Executives Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Competitive with great bens, Stockport
- Marketing Executive Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £28,000- £31,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing Executive (utilities) ADLIB £22000 - £27000 per annum, Stroud
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy