Absolute Radio partners with Australia's Fox FM for Thomas Cook giveaway
Thomas Cook has signed a partnership with Absolute Radio that will feature the UK's Christian O'Connell broadcasting simultaneously with Australian radio's Hamish and Andy, and a competition for listeners from both countries to win a holiday.
On 18 May, as part of the deal negotiated by Arena Media, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show will give one of its listeners the chance to compete against a listener to Hamish and Andy's show on Fox FM, for the chance to win the holiday.
From today (4 May) the competition will be promoted on-air across the Absolute Radio network of radio stations, highlighting Thomas Cook's range of holidays and to encourage listeners to pre-register for the competition through the Absolute Radio website.
As well as giving either one of Absolute Radio's listeners a holiday to Australia, or one of Fox FM's listeners a trip to the UK, Thomas Cook holidays to Turkey, Tenerife, Kos in Greece and Hurghada in Egypt will be given away between Monday 14 May and Thursday 18 May.
Thomas Cook, which has struggled during the recession, launched a multimedia campaign using TV, radio, retail and digital activity in March under the strapline, "It is a wonderful world. Explore it with us".
Tony Moorey, content director at Absolute Radio, said: "Our partnership with Thomas Cook adds even more to what will be a very special show.
"Fans of Christian or Hamish and Andy will already have the chance to hear their favourite show, combined with the best from the other side of the world.
"Now they'll also have the chance of winning an amazing trip there too."
The Christian O'Connell show with Hamish and Andy will broadcast between 7am and 10am on Absolute Radio in the UK, and between 4pm and 7pm on Fox FM in Melbourne, as well as being syndicated to other radio stations in Australia and New Zealand.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Account Manager - Excellent BTL London Agency - £37k + benefits! Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £37k, London
- Account Director - B2B technology Marketing Stonor £50,000 plus pension, H/C and 25 days holiday, West London/Bucks
- Recruitment Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER - AGENCY - £45K Salt £45000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare