Wagon Wheels launches Bing map treasure hunt
Wagon Wheels, the Burton's Foods snack, is to launch a digital game using Bing maps as part of an integrated campaign designed to help the classic brand resonate with younger teenagers.
The online game, created by Interpublic's UM London, is part of a wider campaign, 'The Truth Is In There', by VCCP and stars three teenagers who believe their mission is to expose the alien conspiracy of what is inside Wagon Wheels.
Players will be asked to help Ben, one of the teenagers, to determine the origin of Wagon Wheels' filling by using clues provided through a simulated MSN Instant Messenger to find prizes hidden on a Bing map of the UK.
The game will encourage players to speak to each other through MSN Messenger, Facebook and a bespoke Wagon Wheels investigation hub, in order to help the teenagers prove Wagon Wheels are filed with "Martian mallow".
Simon King, head of marketing at Burton's Biscuit Company, said: "Our campaign has prompted huge levels of engagement. The Bing partnership takes things a step further and allows our audience to join the investigation alongside the stars of the wider campaign."
Aaron Robb, digital planner at UM London, said: "Our Bing game allows teenagers to get completely immersed in the Wagon Wheels 'The Truth Is In There' campaign, and gives them the chance to play their own part in the mission.
"We have used a range of digital platforms to involve our core audience – and will be using Microsoft Hotmail and Live Messenger to extend our reach to our core teen audience."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- head of strategy collectivo Up to £120,000 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22k - dependent on experience + bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance Account Manager / Project Manager air recruitment Up to £32k (pro rata) dependent on experience, London (Central)
- Account Manager or Senior Account Manager (Retail) air recruitment £30K - £40K dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)