Google showcases professional YouTube content
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 09 May 2012 09:32AM
Google is continuing its drive to position YouTube as a premium content provider, with an integrated marketing push featuring entertainment content from popular TV shows, including 'Britain's Got Talent' and 'Made in Chelsea'.
It is rolling out digital ads this week, followed by outdoor ads next Monday (14 May), to showcase the range of partners it has, as it seeks to convince consumers that it is a destination for premium content.
The ads, created by Adam and Eve, feature images from shows including 'Top Gear', 'Skins', 'Sorted Food', 'Gordon Ramsey' and 'Mr Bean', which it introduces with the suffix 'the world of...'.
They direct users to their partners' channels, where a range of clips, original content and episodes are available, depending on the partner.
The ads use the same creative as that used for YouTube’s first music campaign launched in February.
Essence handled the digital media for the campaign.
Google unveiled initial plans for its content drive last October, with the announcement that it was launching 100 original content channels. It emerged last week that these were expanding to the UK.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £33k - £42k, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad