Google showcases professional YouTube content
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 09 May 2012 09:32AM
Google is continuing its drive to position YouTube as a premium content provider, with an integrated marketing push featuring entertainment content from popular TV shows, including 'Britain's Got Talent' and 'Made in Chelsea'.
It is rolling out digital ads this week, followed by outdoor ads next Monday (14 May), to showcase the range of partners it has, as it seeks to convince consumers that it is a destination for premium content.
The ads, created by Adam and Eve, feature images from shows including 'Top Gear', 'Skins', 'Sorted Food', 'Gordon Ramsey' and 'Mr Bean', which it introduces with the suffix 'the world of...'.
They direct users to their partners' channels, where a range of clips, original content and episodes are available, depending on the partner.
The ads use the same creative as that used for YouTube’s first music campaign launched in February.
Essence handled the digital media for the campaign.
Google unveiled initial plans for its content drive last October, with the announcement that it was launching 100 original content channels. It emerged last week that these were expanding to the UK.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Graphic Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Quant AD or RM - Creative Boutique Hasson Associates £35,000 - £55,000 , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive-Analytics & CRM Galliard Homes £25-30k, Loughton, Essex
- Digital Marketing Assistant Galliard Homes £16-20k, Loughton, Essex
- Digital Marketing Executive - Content, Creative & Communications Galliard Homes £25-30k, Loughton, Essex
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy