PPA Conference: Tim Brooks on the new found optimism for professional publishers
Tim Brooks, the former managing director of Guardian News & Media, identifies a new sense of optimism setting into the publishing industry, after two years of concern amid sweeping change.
Talking at the PPA Publishing+ conference today (9May), Brooks describes a "more outwardly facing, less hunched, and less worried" feel to the industry.
He urges publishers to seize the initiative and new revenue streams that are opening up, particularly in the world of Tablets, led by Apple’s iPad.
In parting advice for those still concerned about losing readers of their magazines to their own digital editions, he said: "If you don’t cannibalise yourself somebody else is going to eat you… you need to manage that transition."
Videos produced by Sarah Johnson and Ben Hall. Follow on Twitter: @BRproducers
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Account Manager Digital Gurus £27000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Platform Sales Group Account Director Ultimate Asset £55000 - £60000 per annum + +comm, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £38000 per annum, London