PPA Conference: Tim Brooks on the new found optimism for professional publishers
Tim Brooks, the former managing director of Guardian News & Media, identifies a new sense of optimism setting into the publishing industry, after two years of concern amid sweeping change.
Talking at the PPA Publishing+ conference today (9May), Brooks describes a "more outwardly facing, less hunched, and less worried" feel to the industry.
He urges publishers to seize the initiative and new revenue streams that are opening up, particularly in the world of Tablets, led by Apple’s iPad.
In parting advice for those still concerned about losing readers of their magazines to their own digital editions, he said: "If you don’t cannibalise yourself somebody else is going to eat you… you need to manage that transition."
Videos produced by Sarah Johnson and Ben Hall. Follow on Twitter: @BRproducers
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Account Director - brand, digital and communications - £55-65k Story Recruitment £55-65k plus bonus dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - strategic brand consultancy - £24-28k Story Recruitment £24-28k plus bonus dep on exp, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Luxury Brands Story Recruitment £32-38k dependent on experience, Central London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - branding and comms - retail / media / leisure Story Recruitment £34 - 44k depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Consultant / Senior Brand Strategist Story Recruitment £70-80k+ dependent on experience, Central London