PPA Conference: Tim Brooks on the new found optimism for professional publishers
Tim Brooks, the former managing director of Guardian News & Media, identifies a new sense of optimism setting into the publishing industry, after two years of concern amid sweeping change.
Talking at the PPA Publishing+ conference today (9May), Brooks describes a "more outwardly facing, less hunched, and less worried" feel to the industry.
He urges publishers to seize the initiative and new revenue streams that are opening up, particularly in the world of Tablets, led by Apple’s iPad.
In parting advice for those still concerned about losing readers of their magazines to their own digital editions, he said: "If you don’t cannibalise yourself somebody else is going to eat you… you need to manage that transition."
Videos produced by Sarah Johnson and Ben Hall. Follow on Twitter: @BRproducers
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Junior PPC Manager Aspire £150 - £200 per day, London
- PPC/ Paid Search Account Manager - Agency - Financial Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Corporate Communications Executive, London, 6 month FTC Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Central London
- PR Account Director Major Players £38000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, London