Vodafone hunts agency for global sponsorship pitch
Vodafone is holding a pitch to find an agency to help the company build its next major sponsorship property.
It has held initial meetings with media, sponsorship and integrated agencies in a process that is being handled by Creativebrief.
The chosen agency will be charged with helping to find an opportunity that could become Vodafone’s next global sponsorship. A range of sectors will be considered, including sport, music, entertainment, arts and culture.
It is understood that Vodafone is willing to spend tens of millions of pounds on a suitable property and is hoping to find one that could be as large as, or even bigger than, its current support for the McLaren Formula One team, which started in 2007 and runs until at least the end of 2013.
The review does not affect Vodafone’s relationship with its media agency, OMD, or its creative agency, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R. WPP operates Team Red, a bespoke unit for Vodafone, but the search extends beyond WPP agencies.
A spokesman for Vodafone said: "Vodafone has a large sponsorship portfolio across the group. We regularly keep in touch with market developments and continually evaluate a range of sponsorship options. However, there are no changes to our contractual relationship with McLaren."
The most recent campaign for Vodafone features the Star Wars character Yoda.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Community Manager - Strategy & Insight 6 Month FTC Sky negotiable, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Integrated Experiential Agency - AMAZING BRAND Rocket Recruitment £40,000 - 50,000 , London (Central), London (Greater)
- account manager > ATL > AWARD WINNING AGENCY collectivo Up to £34,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Golden Globe & Oscar Winning Accounts - Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom