TBWA\Worldwide lands Adidas World Cup 2014 brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 May 2012 08:00AM
Adidas has appointed TBWA\Worldwide to handle its global ad campaign for the 2014 Fifa World Cup.
TBWA\Worldwide, an Adidas roster agency, won the business after a final pitch against Mother and DDB.
Sid Lee, the roster agency that handled Adidas’ last World Cup campaign and won the global account from 180 Amsterdam in 2010, was knocked out of the running at an earlier stage along with Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
Sid Lee created a homage to the Star Wars cantina scene to support Adidas’ sponsorship of the last World Cup. However, Nike won plaudits and industry awards, including the Cannes Grand Prix, with its "write the future" campaign by Wieden & Kennedy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Retail Marketing Executive - NOW TV Sky negotiable, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Retail] - Superb London Agency! Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits,
- Account Executive and Senior Account Executive air recruitment Up to £23K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London
- Planner/Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Senior Account Director - Healthcare Advertising Agency - Berkshire - £60k - £65k - NP100 Stonor £60k - £65k, Berkshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show