TBWA\Worldwide lands Adidas World Cup 2014 brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 May 2012 08:00AM
Adidas has appointed TBWA\Worldwide to handle its global ad campaign for the 2014 Fifa World Cup.
TBWA\Worldwide, an Adidas roster agency, won the business after a final pitch against Mother and DDB.
Sid Lee, the roster agency that handled Adidas’ last World Cup campaign and won the global account from 180 Amsterdam in 2010, was knocked out of the running at an earlier stage along with Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
Sid Lee created a homage to the Star Wars cantina scene to support Adidas’ sponsorship of the last World Cup. However, Nike won plaudits and industry awards, including the Cannes Grand Prix, with its "write the future" campaign by Wieden & Kennedy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Group Account Director - Networked Agency - Central London - £60k-£70k Fill Recruitment £60,000-£70,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Print Project Manager Creative Recruitment £24000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Scorch London £25,000-£35,000 based on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director four23 DOE, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager, Shopper, Freelance, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £160 - £210 per day, London
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook