TBWA\Worldwide lands Adidas World Cup 2014 brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 May 2012 08:00AM
Adidas has appointed TBWA\Worldwide to handle its global ad campaign for the 2014 Fifa World Cup.
TBWA\Worldwide, an Adidas roster agency, won the business after a final pitch against Mother and DDB.
Sid Lee, the roster agency that handled Adidas’ last World Cup campaign and won the global account from 180 Amsterdam in 2010, was knocked out of the running at an earlier stage along with Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
Sid Lee created a homage to the Star Wars cantina scene to support Adidas’ sponsorship of the last World Cup. However, Nike won plaudits and industry awards, including the Cannes Grand Prix, with its "write the future" campaign by Wieden & Kennedy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Manager (Mobile and Social) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure