TBWA\Worldwide lands Adidas World Cup 2014 brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 May 2012 08:00AM
Adidas has appointed TBWA\Worldwide to handle its global ad campaign for the 2014 Fifa World Cup.
TBWA\Worldwide, an Adidas roster agency, won the business after a final pitch against Mother and DDB.
Sid Lee, the roster agency that handled Adidas’ last World Cup campaign and won the global account from 180 Amsterdam in 2010, was knocked out of the running at an earlier stage along with Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
Sid Lee created a homage to the Star Wars cantina scene to support Adidas’ sponsorship of the last World Cup. However, Nike won plaudits and industry awards, including the Cannes Grand Prix, with its "write the future" campaign by Wieden & Kennedy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Advertising/Media Sales Cabbell Publishing £24,000 basic, with an achievable OTE of £70,000+, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Media Executive Ninesharp £22000 - £25000 per annum, Worcestershire
- Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Croydon
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad