TBWA\Worldwide lands Adidas World Cup 2014 brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 May 2012 08:00AM
Adidas has appointed TBWA\Worldwide to handle its global ad campaign for the 2014 Fifa World Cup.
TBWA\Worldwide, an Adidas roster agency, won the business after a final pitch against Mother and DDB.
Sid Lee, the roster agency that handled Adidas’ last World Cup campaign and won the global account from 180 Amsterdam in 2010, was knocked out of the running at an earlier stage along with Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
Sid Lee created a homage to the Star Wars cantina scene to support Adidas’ sponsorship of the last World Cup. However, Nike won plaudits and industry awards, including the Cannes Grand Prix, with its "write the future" campaign by Wieden & Kennedy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Employee Communications Manager Adam Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Comms Partnership Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Account Director - Advertising & Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Insight Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)