TBWA\Worldwide lands Adidas World Cup 2014 brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 May 2012 08:00AM
Adidas has appointed TBWA\Worldwide to handle its global ad campaign for the 2014 Fifa World Cup.
TBWA\Worldwide, an Adidas roster agency, won the business after a final pitch against Mother and DDB.
Sid Lee, the roster agency that handled Adidas’ last World Cup campaign and won the global account from 180 Amsterdam in 2010, was knocked out of the running at an earlier stage along with Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
Sid Lee created a homage to the Star Wars cantina scene to support Adidas’ sponsorship of the last World Cup. However, Nike won plaudits and industry awards, including the Cannes Grand Prix, with its "write the future" campaign by Wieden & Kennedy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Presentation Specialist Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Windsor
- Media Comms Planning Director - Ents account Lipton Fleming Ã‚£45000 - Ã‚£55000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Project manager, Digital Agency, Ã‚£35K Source Ã‚£30000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, London
- Copywriter & Visualiser Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £32000 per annum, Windsor
- Search Manager - Fashion - North London Major Players Ã‚£36000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + great benefits, London
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton