New York Bakery Co kicks off £3m ad review
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 May 2012 10:55AM
New York Bakery Co is looking for an agency to handle its £3 million ad account.
The business was previously handled by JWT London, but the agency was forced to resign the account after it picked up a chunk of the Premier Foods business, including the Hovis brand.
JWT was appointed to the business in May 2010 without a pitch. Its appointment marked the first time that New York Bakery Co held a retained agency. Previous campaigns were mostly handled in-house, with the majority of activity focusing on sales promotion work. These have included competitions to win trips to New York.
Last year, New York Bakery Co promoted its range of bagels with a PR stunt involving a semi-naked street performer, John Burck, busking at St Pancras International station wearing cowboy boots, a cowboy hat and a pair of pants. The stunt was advertised using press ads in Metro.
Premier Foods split its portfolio of brands between JWT London and McCann London in March. As well as Hovis, JWT picked up Oxo, Ambrosia and Mr Kipling. McCann took Batchelors and Loyd Grossman and retained Bisto and Sharwood's.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of Resource Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Corporate Responsibility Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55000 - £75000 per annum, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch