Mediabrands promotes Harris to key digital role
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 10 May 2012 11:20AM
IPG Mediabrands has appointed James Harris to the newly created role of managing director of digital across its EMEA/G14 region.
Harris is promoted from his current role as head of digital for UM in EMEA/G14 and "will maintain his current UM duties, whilst taking on responsibility for the development of key digital partnerships at IPG Mediabrands level," according to UM.
He will be tasked with developing the IPG Mediabrands MAP (Mediabrands Audience Platform) platform.
The tool encompasses IPG Mediabrands search, social, mobile and display capabilities across IPG agencies, including Reprise and Cadreon.
Arun Kumar, head of MAP, said: "James will help make things happen for us across IPG Mediabrands agencies. Creating a distinctive, differentiated product through the Mediabrands Audience Platform depends on strong leadership to carry it through."
Prior to UM, Harris was deputy managing director at Aegis digital agency Diffiniti. He co-founded the agency with current Carat managing director, Rob Horler, in 1996.
He replaced Rick Corteville, who returned to his native US to take the role of global client director at the fellow Interpublic agency Reprise.
Harris said: "MAP is a vitally important part of IPG Mediabrands global offering. Its capabilities are core to the media landscape."
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Interim Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, North West England
- Senior Account Manager, Top Booze Brand, eCRM & Digital, up to £38k MODA consult up to £38k + benefits, Central London
- Social Media Account Manager Search Party 30-40k, Central London
- Senior Brand Experience Manager PSD Group Up to £65,000 + Car, Bonus & Benefits, London