Mediabrands promotes Harris to key digital role
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 10 May 2012 11:20AM
IPG Mediabrands has appointed James Harris to the newly created role of managing director of digital across its EMEA/G14 region.
Harris is promoted from his current role as head of digital for UM in EMEA/G14 and "will maintain his current UM duties, whilst taking on responsibility for the development of key digital partnerships at IPG Mediabrands level," according to UM.
He will be tasked with developing the IPG Mediabrands MAP (Mediabrands Audience Platform) platform.
The tool encompasses IPG Mediabrands search, social, mobile and display capabilities across IPG agencies, including Reprise and Cadreon.
Arun Kumar, head of MAP, said: "James will help make things happen for us across IPG Mediabrands agencies. Creating a distinctive, differentiated product through the Mediabrands Audience Platform depends on strong leadership to carry it through."
Prior to UM, Harris was deputy managing director at Aegis digital agency Diffiniti. He co-founded the agency with current Carat managing director, Rob Horler, in 1996.
He replaced Rick Corteville, who returned to his native US to take the role of global client director at the fellow Interpublic agency Reprise.
Harris said: "MAP is a vitally important part of IPG Mediabrands global offering. Its capabilities are core to the media landscape."
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager - Digital Agency £35K Source £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Data Analyst **Prestigious and Forward Thinking Media Agency** Lipton Fleming £30000 - £40000 per annum + fantastic benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff