ITV signs up Pepsi for Shazam-enabled ad in BGT final
ITV will broadcast its first Shazam-enabled ads during the 'Britain's Got Talent' final this Saturday (12 May), with a Pepsi Max spot that will run a competition for festival tickets.
ITV signed an exclusive deal with the audio-recognition service in April in order to become the only UK broadcaster to offer advertisers its functionality in TV spots.
Viewers can use the Shazam app on their smartphones to interact with creative in Pepsi Max’s "crowd surfing" football ad featuring Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard and Sergio Aguero.
Users of the app can activate it during the ad to enter a competition for summer music festival tickets, with other prizes including screen servers and merchandise.
The app will also link to iTunes, so users can download the ad's official soundtrack, the 'Let's Go' track by Calvin Harris, featuring Ne-Yo.
Tiffany Welsh, Pepsi Max UK digital manager, said the initiative fitted in with its audience base because, "Pepsi Max consumers are always at the forefront of digital trends".
Mindshare devised and brokered the Pepsi Max deal.
Cadbury's will integrate Shazam into its "unwrap gold" ad, which will also air during the 'Britain's Got Talent' final.
The Shazam functionality will offer viewers the chance to win a London 2012 Opening Ceremony package as part of the brand’s Olympic sponsorship.
The idea was devised by Drum, with the deal brokered by PHD.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Producer - Top Social Media agency The Industry Club London Ltd 50K plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager -Summer freelance Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - freelance Stopgap £135 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Technical Account Manager - AdServer / DSP Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Client Services Account Manager - Digtial Media Ultimate Asset £24000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- 6 ads that made... Bartle Bogle Hegarty
- O2 dog turns hip hop for Big Bundles