ITV signs up Pepsi for Shazam-enabled ad in BGT final
ITV will broadcast its first Shazam-enabled ads during the 'Britain's Got Talent' final this Saturday (12 May), with a Pepsi Max spot that will run a competition for festival tickets.
ITV signed an exclusive deal with the audio-recognition service in April in order to become the only UK broadcaster to offer advertisers its functionality in TV spots.
Viewers can use the Shazam app on their smartphones to interact with creative in Pepsi Max’s "crowd surfing" football ad featuring Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard and Sergio Aguero.
Users of the app can activate it during the ad to enter a competition for summer music festival tickets, with other prizes including screen servers and merchandise.
The app will also link to iTunes, so users can download the ad's official soundtrack, the 'Let's Go' track by Calvin Harris, featuring Ne-Yo.
Tiffany Welsh, Pepsi Max UK digital manager, said the initiative fitted in with its audience base because, "Pepsi Max consumers are always at the forefront of digital trends".
Mindshare devised and brokered the Pepsi Max deal.
Cadbury's will integrate Shazam into its "unwrap gold" ad, which will also air during the 'Britain's Got Talent' final.
The Shazam functionality will offer viewers the chance to win a London 2012 Opening Ceremony package as part of the brand’s Olympic sponsorship.
The idea was devised by Drum, with the deal brokered by PHD.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push