EDF unveils zoetrope campaign for Thank Yous push
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 May 2012 08:00AM
EDF will drive traffic to the revamped website for its Thank Yous reward scheme with an integrated campaign launching tomorrow (12 May).
The campaign includes online, eCRM and direct mail activity from Archibald Ingall Stretton (AIS), and at a later date a TV ad by Abbott Mead Vickers, featuring the brand’s new dancing brand character.
It will invite people to the new Thank Yous website, which will feature a zoetrope, a device that produces the illusion of motion, to highlight the different levels of rewards available to EDF customers.
EDF customers can enter their bill details into the website, which will launch a video of the spinning zoetrope that will stop on the reward the customer has won.
Everyone who enters their details will win a reward, which range from an Olympics trip to a £5 voucher for ice cream.
Every tier of prizes is represented by the different levels of the kaleidoscope-like zoetrope with prizes also including Paralympic tickets, a balloon ride at the Eden Project and a trip on the London Eye.
EDF has entered a new diamond tier of prizes following the launch of its Thank Yous reward scheme as it seeks to combat schemes offered by rivals, such as British Gas’ Nectar partnership.
The cyclical and perpetual nature of the zoetrope is being used to represent the continuous nature of the reward scheme, which has a prize draw every month.
Creative featuring the zoetrope will also be featured in the direct mail activity.
The zoetrope is a 6ft tall model created by AIS and will be displayed at the Olympics. EDF is also in discussions to have it displayed in the V&A-owned Museum of Childhood once the Paralympics finishes.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Freelance Designer / Creative Peas £200-£250 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Media Sales Executive Ultimate Asset £20000 - £23000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, Camden, London (Greater)
- Planning Director Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Major Players £50000 - £65000 per annum + excellent benefits and commission, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film