EDF unveils zoetrope campaign for Thank Yous push
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 May 2012 08:00AM
EDF will drive traffic to the revamped website for its Thank Yous reward scheme with an integrated campaign launching tomorrow (12 May).
The campaign includes online, eCRM and direct mail activity from Archibald Ingall Stretton (AIS), and at a later date a TV ad by Abbott Mead Vickers, featuring the brand’s new dancing brand character.
It will invite people to the new Thank Yous website, which will feature a zoetrope, a device that produces the illusion of motion, to highlight the different levels of rewards available to EDF customers.
EDF customers can enter their bill details into the website, which will launch a video of the spinning zoetrope that will stop on the reward the customer has won.
Everyone who enters their details will win a reward, which range from an Olympics trip to a £5 voucher for ice cream.
Every tier of prizes is represented by the different levels of the kaleidoscope-like zoetrope with prizes also including Paralympic tickets, a balloon ride at the Eden Project and a trip on the London Eye.
EDF has entered a new diamond tier of prizes following the launch of its Thank Yous reward scheme as it seeks to combat schemes offered by rivals, such as British Gas’ Nectar partnership.
The cyclical and perpetual nature of the zoetrope is being used to represent the continuous nature of the reward scheme, which has a prize draw every month.
Creative featuring the zoetrope will also be featured in the direct mail activity.
The zoetrope is a 6ft tall model created by AIS and will be displayed at the Olympics. EDF is also in discussions to have it displayed in the V&A-owned Museum of Childhood once the Paralympics finishes.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Product Sub-Editor (Fashion, Editing, Proofing, Scheduling) Creative Recruitment £33000 - £36000 per annum + Negotiable, London
- Project Manager - Independent Agency -London - £28k-£35k Fill Recruitment £28,000-£35,000, London (Greater)
- Data & Analytics Director Lipton Fleming £100000 - £120000 per annum + handsome benefits, London
- Creative Designer/Artworker Creative Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum, City of London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - COULD BE PART TIME Barker Graves Up to £50k plus bens, South West London close to transport links
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building