Carlsberg launches star-studded football-focused ad
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 May 2012 12:48PM
Carlsberg is launching a star-studded patriotic TV ad campaign this weekend, featuring Sir Bobby Charlton, Ian Wright and Des Lynam, to promote its sponsorship of the UEFA Euro 2012Football Championship.
A TV ad, ‘Fan Academy’, created by Fold7, will launch on Saturday morning (12 May) during 'Soccer Am' on Sky Sports.
The light-hearted campaign shows England fans physically and mentally being put through their paces at the 'Fan Academy', by a stream of famous faces such as Stuart Pearce, Brian Blessed and Ray Mears, to show what it means to be a "true England fan."
Fans then graduate from the Academy with a pint of Carlsberg.
The creative director on the ad was Ryan Newey, who worked with creatives David Govier and Simon Johnson. The production company was Academy Films, with direction by Peter Cattaneo. OMD handled the media planning and buying.
Ryan Newey, co founder, Fold7 said: "We wanted a change of focus from previous years and to celebrate the fans, showing what we do as a nation to get behind our team. England has the best fans in the world and we wanted to celebrate this, whilst retaining the quintessentially English sense of humour".
Darren Morris, marketing director, added: "The key job of 'Fan Academy' is to build anticipation and momentum in the run-up to the Euros and celebrate what it is to be an England fan. In 'Fan Academy', Fold7 have delivered a characteristically Carlsberg campaign, which we are sure will resonate with the nation."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Ad Ops Trafficker / Manager Aspire £130 - £35000 per annum, London
- Digital Content Officer, Charity, West London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £28000 per annum, West London
- Senior Creative Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £70000 per annum, Central London
- SENIOR DESIGNER - PACKAGING - LONDON WEST / BERKSHIRE - £45-50k Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum, Berkshire
- Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, West London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign