BlackBerry hails people of action in global campaign
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 14 May 2012 09:40AM
BlackBerry has launched a multi-million pound global campaign pushing its smartphones and tablets with creative celebrating 'people of action'.
The creative by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO juxtaposes images representing active and inactive choices, such as a pair of slippers versus a pair of ballet shoes and a cookery book shown against a take away.
Television activity is based around the concept that BlackBerry users are people of action and devices running on the BlackBerry 7.1 operating system facilitate action through features including BlackBerry Messenger, which allows the sharing of music.
Cartoon imagery is integrated into the execution that ends with the statement "There are people who don’t. And there are people who do" followed by the question "Do you?".
Sarah Probert, senior director of brand marketing and communication at Research In Motion, said: "Our intention is to celebrate the idea of choice.
"We all make choices every day and BlackBerry is there to help the consumer make those decisions and achieve their goals."
The TV spot broke on Saturday during ITV's 'Britain's Got Talent' final and will be followed by a 60-second cinema execution launching at the beginning of June.
BlackBerry owner Research in Motion is launching the consumer-facing global campaign a month after news reports broke that it was refocusing on business customers following comments made by chief executive Thorsten Heins.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager - £35k to £43k + Benefits Propel £35000 - £43000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Sales Executive Haymarket Media Group up to £35k OTE, Teddington (City/Town), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up