Publicis extends footprint in China
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 14 May 2012 10:11AM
Publicis has acquired Beijing-based marketing company Longtuo, as it looks to enhance its presence in the Chinese market.
Longtuo has e-commerce expertise in creative, customer acquisition and marketing solutions.
The company, set up in 2000, employs 140 people in its Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou offices.
Publicis said that Longtuo will form part of its Razorfish business in China, which currently employs 130 people and provides e-commerce services to clients including Converse and Hertz.
Longtuo's existing clients include Renault as well as a number of blue-chip Chinese firms.
As part of the acquisition, Longtuo's chief executive and founding partner, Su Yi, will become managing director of the new entity, called Longtuo China.
Su Yi will report to Vincent Digonnet, president of Razorfish Asia Pacific and executive chairman of Razorfish Greater China.
In 2009, Publicis acquired digital ad agency Razorfish from Microsoft for around $530m, as the French advertising giant sought to bolster its digital revenues.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Client Services Executive - Full Service Digital Agency Ascent Solutions £30,000 + Benefits, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Data Solutions Manager DataTech £55000 - £65000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Insight Analyst DataTech £0 - £40000 per annum, Scotland
- Analyst DataTech £32000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus, London (Greater)
- Product Designer - £30k to £50k - Leading social network - London Digital Gurus £30000 - £50000 Per Annum, London (Greater)
- Tim Hipperson to become interim CEO of Weve
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- O2 dog turns hip hop for Big Bundles