Flybe takes a swipe at rivals in humorous ad
Flybe has launched a humorous campaign to set it apart from rival low-cost airlines.
The 30-second spot, 'Preparation', was created by Souk Advertising and is the first in a trio of ads that will be shown from this month as part of the brand's £9m repositioning to introduce the strapline: 'Making flying better'.
The ad shows a man in the departure lounge at the airport limbering up to prepare himself to fight for a seat on an airline, poking fun at rival low budget airlines such as EasyJet and Ryanair, where customers frequently have to scramble for a seat.
However, much to his dismay he is sat next to a Flybe customer who smugly tells him he already has a seat assigned to him.
The creatives on the ad were Andy Imrie and Claus Larsen. The production company was Tantrum and it was directed by Jon Dennis.
The second ad, 'Declaration', sees an overexcited Flybe passenger passing through customs while telling a bemused customs official just how good his flight was, before planting a kiss on her lips.
The new positioning aims to target business travellers, who account for about 45% of Flybe's customer base.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance Product/ Industrial Designer Purple Consultancy £250 - £350 per day, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Royds Raphael £37k-£45k+ dep. on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - STRATEGIC CREATIVE B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum, Richmond upon Thames