Flybe takes a swipe at rivals in humorous ad
Flybe has launched a humorous campaign to set it apart from rival low-cost airlines.
The 30-second spot, 'Preparation', was created by Souk Advertising and is the first in a trio of ads that will be shown from this month as part of the brand's £9m repositioning to introduce the strapline: 'Making flying better'.
The ad shows a man in the departure lounge at the airport limbering up to prepare himself to fight for a seat on an airline, poking fun at rival low budget airlines such as EasyJet and Ryanair, where customers frequently have to scramble for a seat.
However, much to his dismay he is sat next to a Flybe customer who smugly tells him he already has a seat assigned to him.
The creatives on the ad were Andy Imrie and Claus Larsen. The production company was Tantrum and it was directed by Jon Dennis.
The second ad, 'Declaration', sees an overexcited Flybe passenger passing through customs while telling a bemused customs official just how good his flight was, before planting a kiss on her lips.
The new positioning aims to target business travellers, who account for about 45% of Flybe's customer base.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Designer at Leading Creative Innovation Agency Bamboo Crowd £25k - £35k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Innovation Strategist - fast growing creative innovation agency Bamboo Crowd £60,000 - £75,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014