Heathrow launches campaign reassuring passengers of smooth Olympic run
Heathrow, the BAA-owned airport, has today (14 May) launched a marketing campaign to reassure consumers it is ready for the "unique operational challenge" posed by the Olympics.
Heathrow is launching the campaign after it came under fire for the length of queues at border control in recent weeks. Most recently, Grayling’s crisis comms specialist Mary Whenman named the airport as a likely weak spot in the PR around the Games.
Heathrow is the official host airport for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, and the ad campaign aims to show how Heathrow’s employees, volunteers and contractors will be working collaboratively to ensure travellers experience a smooth passage through the airport.
The campaign, created by Masius, features outdoor and digital outdoor work across London until 21 June. The marketing effort will have a heavy presence on London Underground. Media buying is handled by Carat.
The ads use images of Heathrow Airport employees and the straplines: "We're getting set to make it one great Games," and "We’ve spent years in training to make it one great Games."
The ads showcase the airport's 1,000 volunteers, dubbed "Team Heathrow", and the "Journey Team", who speak 40 languages between them.
Nick Adderley, marketing and insight director at Heathrow, said: "We have been working extremely hard to ensure that the hundreds of thousands of spectators who will pass through our doors on their way to the Games will have a positive experience at Heathrow and will be ready for their onward journeys."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Broadcast Buyer - FMCG & Entertainment Clients Lipton Fleming £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent benefits package, London
- Creative Teams, Copywriters, Art Directors McCann Bristol Dependent on Experience, Bristol
- Media Planning Director - Luxury Automotive Lipton Fleming £55000 per annum + excellent benefits package, London
- Art Director Creative Recruitment £25000 - £45000 per annum, London