O2 Priority Moments crowdsourcing favours Nando's
By Nick Batten, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 May 2012 09:00AM
O2 has invited customers to put forwards brands it should add to its Priority Moments offers line-up, with Nando's, Cineworld and Amazon among the popular early nominations.
Launched in July 2011, the location-based loyalty scheme for O2's 22 million customers has delivered money-saving deals and enhanced everyday experiences from brands such as HMV, BHS, Odeon, French Connection and Zizzi.
Now the mobile network is inviting users to put forward the brands they would like to receive offers from, using its Facebook page and the Twitter hashtag #O2prioritymoments.
It has promised to use these suggestions to campaign on behalf of customers to create exclusive great value deals.
Response has so far been muted, but the most frequent mentions are going to chicken chain Nando's, cinema operator Cineworld and Amazon.co.uk. Also cited are fuel offers, Starbucks, Play.com, Asda, Tesco and Hollister.
O2 claims that Priority Moments has provided O2 customers with access to over 3,400 offers from more than 300 brands across the UK, providing a total saving of over £7.5m.
Sally Cowdry, O2 marketing and consumer director, said: "Priority Moments is all about creating great experiences and adding value for our customers. Now we want to take that a step further by asking them to tell us what brands they would like us to approach for new offers via Priority Moments.
"We recognize that times are tough and budgets are tight across many UK households, so this is a further demonstration of how we’re listening to our customers and promising to deliver on their behalf. So whether it's helping towards a family day out or providing extra value for a shopping trip, we’ll be campaigning to provide more great offers for O2 customers."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director / Group Account Director, £70k - Digital MODA consult Around the £70k mark + excellent benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- ASPIRING ACCOUNT EXECUTIVES, SKILLED ACCOUNT MANAGERS & ACCOMPL Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned