O2 Priority Moments crowdsourcing favours Nando's
By Nick Batten, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 May 2012 09:00AM
O2 has invited customers to put forwards brands it should add to its Priority Moments offers line-up, with Nando's, Cineworld and Amazon among the popular early nominations.
Launched in July 2011, the location-based loyalty scheme for O2's 22 million customers has delivered money-saving deals and enhanced everyday experiences from brands such as HMV, BHS, Odeon, French Connection and Zizzi.
Now the mobile network is inviting users to put forward the brands they would like to receive offers from, using its Facebook page and the Twitter hashtag #O2prioritymoments.
It has promised to use these suggestions to campaign on behalf of customers to create exclusive great value deals.
Response has so far been muted, but the most frequent mentions are going to chicken chain Nando's, cinema operator Cineworld and Amazon.co.uk. Also cited are fuel offers, Starbucks, Play.com, Asda, Tesco and Hollister.
O2 claims that Priority Moments has provided O2 customers with access to over 3,400 offers from more than 300 brands across the UK, providing a total saving of over £7.5m.
Sally Cowdry, O2 marketing and consumer director, said: "Priority Moments is all about creating great experiences and adding value for our customers. Now we want to take that a step further by asking them to tell us what brands they would like us to approach for new offers via Priority Moments.
"We recognize that times are tough and budgets are tight across many UK households, so this is a further demonstration of how we’re listening to our customers and promising to deliver on their behalf. So whether it's helping towards a family day out or providing extra value for a shopping trip, we’ll be campaigning to provide more great offers for O2 customers."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- O2 expands Priority to small businesses with £2.5m campaign
- Nando's matches personalities with spices in tongue-in-cheek push
- O2 partners with Nike to unveil Priority Sports loyalty drive
- Brand Health Check: French Connection
- The changing face of music tie-ups
- O2's Sally Cowdry Q&A: 'You can't use advertising to tell people to trust you'
- O2 takes aim at PayPal with mobile payments service
- House of Fraser and O2 team up for mobile campaign
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Client Director - Branding to £60k Network Career Consultants £52000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager - website updates - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- Account Manager - famous global agency -- £35k + bens Barker Graves Up to £35k + bens, Central London
- Account Manager looking for promotion to Senior Account Manager up to £32k + bens Barker Graves Up to £32k + bens, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web