Billington Cartmell picked for 'integrated' Apprentice ad task
Billington Cartmell is the latest in a string of agencies to be called on by 'The Apprentice' for the show's advertising task, which will air tomorrow (16 May).
The Apprentice’s final eight contestants are traditionally asked to create a TV and press or radio campaign, such as last year's pet food task judged by TBWA.
In the previous year former RKCR/Y&R chief executive Richard Exon and DLKW Lowe’s creative director Tom Hudson and managing partner strategy Rebecca Morgan were unimpressed by the two teams' efforts to create a new house-cleaning product brand and associated TV and radio ads.
However, the word is this year's brief does away with the TV ad and asks contestants to create an integrated campaign for the English Sparkling Wine Association, to be judged by Lord Sugar alongside leading wine experts.
Billington Cartmell’s creative partner Beri Cheetham and creative planning director Simon Callender will appear on the show.
Freemantle Media, the production company behind 'The Apprentice', were unable to comment on changes to tasks within different series.
Jason Nicholas, group managing director at Billington Cartmell, said: "Today’s marketers know that the key to successful marketing is finding a compelling message that can be delivered across a range of different integrated disciplines – and we were delighted to help The Apprentice showcase those integrated deliverables and convey them to the general public."
The winning team will be revealed in the next show on BBC One tomorrow (16 May) at 9pm.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Search Account Manager - London - £28K to £32K - www.we Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Global Production Manager Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £65000 per annum + re-location package , South Korea
- PPC Executive - Digital Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - Experiential and Events - 38K - 42K Bamboo Crowd £38K - £42K, Central London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity