Billington Cartmell picked for 'integrated' Apprentice ad task
Billington Cartmell is the latest in a string of agencies to be called on by 'The Apprentice' for the show's advertising task, which will air tomorrow (16 May).
The Apprentice’s final eight contestants are traditionally asked to create a TV and press or radio campaign, such as last year's pet food task judged by TBWA.
In the previous year former RKCR/Y&R chief executive Richard Exon and DLKW Lowe’s creative director Tom Hudson and managing partner strategy Rebecca Morgan were unimpressed by the two teams' efforts to create a new house-cleaning product brand and associated TV and radio ads.
However, the word is this year's brief does away with the TV ad and asks contestants to create an integrated campaign for the English Sparkling Wine Association, to be judged by Lord Sugar alongside leading wine experts.
Billington Cartmell’s creative partner Beri Cheetham and creative planning director Simon Callender will appear on the show.
Freemantle Media, the production company behind 'The Apprentice', were unable to comment on changes to tasks within different series.
Jason Nicholas, group managing director at Billington Cartmell, said: "Today’s marketers know that the key to successful marketing is finding a compelling message that can be delivered across a range of different integrated disciplines – and we were delighted to help The Apprentice showcase those integrated deliverables and convey them to the general public."
The winning team will be revealed in the next show on BBC One tomorrow (16 May) at 9pm.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Recruitment Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER - AGENCY - £45K Salt £45000 per annum, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £55,000, London
- Marketing Manager / In-House Marketing Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k (DOE), Based in Southampton, Hampshire (SO14) - commutable from Eastleigh, Portsmouth, Salisbury
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare